Hacking 3DS decapping fundraising topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just now:

:Jl12 has had a broken 3DS for decapping before the fundraiser even started. And of course we noticed that, however since Jl12 is usually very busy it might be a while before he sends his 3DS for decapping. --[[User:Yellows8|Yellows8]] 00:26, 5 June 2013 (CEST)

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just now:

:Jl12 has had a broken 3DS for decapping before the fundraiser even started. And of course we noticed that, however since Jl12 is usually very busy it might be a while before he sends his 3DS for decapping. --[[User:Yellows8|Yellows8]] 00:26, 5 June 2013 (CEST)
Good, now we can go back to ignoring noobs spreading misinformation ^_^

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/User_talk:Yellows8#Fundraiser

Fundraiser

Hello Yellows8, I know you're not the one that is responsible for the chip decapping fundraiser, but I didn't manage to contact Jl12 via E-Mail (He's not responding). So, have you guys noticed that the donations hit the 2000$ last week? Will the decapping start anytime soon or do you need some more money for buying the 3DS itself? Best regards

Jl12 has had a broken 3DS for decapping before the fundraiser even started. And of course we noticed that, however since Jl12 is usually very busy it might be a while before he sends his 3DS for decapping. --Yellows8 00:26, 5 June 2013 (CEST)​

goldensox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of everybody that donated, I sure hope he isn't going to just unreasonably sit on that money for "a while" busy or not.
I got kind of bummed out when Yellows8 said he's really busy... When these guys say they're busy it means it'll take a long long time... I know it's annoying but dammit I wish they went straight to it now that we got the money, I'm eager to see those chip images.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down people! ¡Calmate! Gshock is a real person with a real life. He may have a family to support. He may be overwhelmed by his everyday job. It happens. Take comfort in knowing we at least passed this milestone. The next will be the decap, of course. So be paitent, Tempers. After all we are real people and should go enjoy real life while we wait.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Calm down people! ¡Calmate! Gshock is a real person with a real life. He may have a family to support. He may be overwhelmed by his everyday job. It happens. Take comfort in knowing we at least passed this milestone. The next will be the decap, of course. So be paitent, Tempers. After all we are real people and should go enjoy real life while we wait.
Sure, I understand he's busy, I just don't think it would be right to everybody involved for that money to just sit in an account for half a year or something unreasonable like that when it should be used for it's intended purpose. It's why people chipped in. It's still early though, so we'll see. He seemed like a good guy, he replaced the money (via his own wallet) that paypal fucked everybody out of when this whole thing started after all.

Reactions: yuyuyup and Mthb54

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got kind of bummed out when Yellows8 said he's really busy... When these guys say they're busy it means it'll take a long long time... I know it's annoying but dammit I wish they went straight to it now that we got the money, I'm eager to see those chip images.

Did you donate to the fund? From what I read, these images are not going to be publicly released, and it's only a maybe as to whether backers are getting copies.

Mthb54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you donate to the fund? From what I read, these images are not going to be publicly released, and it's only a maybe as to whether backers are getting copies.

Their going to be realesed by someone who donated, trust me it won't take time ;)

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
From what I read, these images are not going to be publicly released.
Heh, who says they won't be? I bet some tempers will make a thread just to do that, it would benefit them, 3Dbrew, and everybody interested if the images were spread all over the net as widely as possible. The more people that have access to it = the better the chances are that someone is able to find something interesting.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, anybody else wondering if the XL 3DS's SoC has been revised at all? I'm assuming the item being decapped is a regular 3DS and not an XL. If a hardware exploit is found would it apply to the XL?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So, anybody else wondering if the XL 3DS's SoC has been revised at all? I'm assuming the item being decapped is a regular 3DS and not an XL. If a hardware exploit is found would it apply to the XL?
My opinion: Yes. cause 3ds and XL doesn't differs a lot (where inside the SoC)
the SoC is the target yeah. not the board itself.
It is said Jl12 would send his broken 3ds (which SoC is not damaged) to the lab.
However i know there may be many who want to spare their 3ds.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My opinion: Yes. cause 3ds and XL doesn't differs a lot (where inside the SoC)
the SoC is the target yeah. not the board itself.
It is said Jl12 would send his broken 3ds (which SoC is not damaged) to the lab.
However i know there may be many who want to spare their 3ds.
Did you ever find out about decap/imaging pricing in your area, btw?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is a branch in Shanghai, China. However i and my friends are too coward to telephone them.
The price is never too cheap you know. So sorry to tell you i don't know.
Well but to my speculation, I can not assure that is cheaper (They may delay to make you pay more)
So even i did think of decapping in China i can not tell the price for sure.
But if the SEM image got out, i would try to call my friends to see who would like to participate.
At least i'm very interested in reading that image. So i did tell Jl12 about that in my donate email.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is a branch in Shanghai, China. However i and my friends are too coward to telephone them.
The price is never too cheap you know. So sorry to tell you i don't know.
Well but to my speculation, I can not assure that is cheaper (They may delay to make you pay more)
So even i did think of decapping in China i can not tell the price for sure.
But if the SEM image got out, i would try to call my friends to see who would like to participate.
At least i'm very interested in reading that image. So i did tell Jl12 about that in my donate email.
Yeah, I see your translation help on 3Dbrew and your enthusiasm on the forums here :P Do you/your friends know a lot about this type of thing?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I see your translation help on 3Dbrew and your enthusiasm on the forums here :P Do you/your friends know a lot about this type of thing?
Not really. But you know there are many ones in China longing just for chinese version of blahblahblah.
They need translation, and offline cheaters. So we got interested in (all homebrew isn't it)
Well but yeah if possible why not trying to help analysis.. The education system made us dull so only translation now. shit.
Not a lot about this type of thing. before trying to understand the situation of 3ds hacking, we are all end-users.
I haven't appeared for a period of time, since many pages are WIP. WIP pages should not be translated until it got finished.
Yeah so we stopped for a while. some learning verilog, some learning exploits. well hidden isn't it

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the iQue 3ds has the same SOC as the others...:unsure:
Don't worry, I doubt it would take that long. Not as long as we waited to get just to here (2+ years). Even then, even if we do get the precious secretz, it will take quite a while to make any use of them; it could very well be another two years before we get a 'Homebrew Tile' on our 3DS's.

Reactions: Syphurith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost...