Hacking 3ds Custom Recovery

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You can only recover via hardware flashed nand backup which means you previously had to be on 9.2 to get the necessary backup. That excludes most people who attempted the downgrade this week.

You can't just write recovery software to nand since everything is sign-checked at boot. It's not an open platform like android.

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
That would require knowledge on the programing of the Nintendo OS used on the consoles, witch is closed sourced and unlike Android witch has its core is open source
The nature of Open source allows us to go deep into it and know how its programmed etc, not like Nintendo

So answering your idea : NOT GONNA HAPPEN ( unless there is a leak in the source code even then it would be extremely hard to implement)

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I know what you mean and that would be so cool but the problem is that the 3ds doesn't have an actual recovery for another one to be installed..
The thing we call "recovery" is just a way to update the 3ds without entering system settings in case we can't.

Last edited by NoNAND,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only recover via hardware flashed nand backup which means you previously had to be on 9.2 to get the necessary backup. That excludes most people who attempted the downgrade this week.

You can't just write recovery software to nand since everything is sign-checked at boot. It's not an open platform like android.

but you could backup your 10.3 NAND via hardware flasher, coulnd't you?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, I'm still so used to the old rules. :shy:
With 10.3 backup you'd be fine since it's exploitable now.

what does an exploit have to do with it? hardware flasher ---> read NAND ---> write back when something (downgrade) went wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can