3DS completely refuses to load flashcart

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The flashcart worked and loaded just fine up until today where my 3DS keeps saying that the cartridge slot is empty even though I have the cart inside. I got it to fix once by booting into GM9 and loading it from there, however today even that doesn't work since even GM9 displays that it's just empty.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The flashcart worked and loaded just fine up until today where my 3DS keeps saying that the cartridge slot is empty even though I have the cart inside. I got it to fix once by booting into GM9 and loading it from there, however today even that doesn't work since even GM9 displays that it's just empty.
What flashcart exactly are you trying to use with your console?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
change the microsd, maybe the memory died

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You might also want to check your microSD card (e.g. on a computer or phone) to see if the files are still on there or if there is any corrupted files

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You might also want to check your microSD card (e.g. on a computer or phone) to see if the files are still on there or if there is any corrupted files
It doesn't have anything to do with the microSD. If it wasn't there or it couldn't be read, it would still display in the home menu but display "NO CARD" when booting.

Also, the files that usually display in GM9 when loading the flashcart are the ones present on the ROM (the bomberman icon which shows on the home menu), not the SD card files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm pretty sure flash carts still show the icon and fake name even if a microsd card isn't inserted. As for the problem, I don't know. Sounds like flash cart failure. Test a game to see if it's the slot.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In that case, it could be a contact issue. Cleaning the contacts with alcohol as Technicmaster0 recommended is something to try. Failing that, the paper trick might help.

If those still do not work, then it is likely that the flashcart is dead for whatever reason or that the card slot is borked. Hopefully it isn't the latter. If you have any other game carts, you might want to test it to see if the game can be read to rule out this possibility

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1