3DS Cheats Code program being worked on :o

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cearp, Jul 21, 2014.

1. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    (sorry if this is already here :) i think it is cool news)
    https://twitter.com/Bond697/status/490613314859569152

"started working on an action replay-like program for the 3ds. you can give it a cheat code file and it will apply them when you hit a button"

but he says "...it won't be done for a good, long time. there are others working on a public solution for that."

and i saw that pkhex, the pokemon gen vi save editor, on projectpokemon, was updated to support codes.

so, very cool :)

CosmoCortney, Huntereb and tyons like this.
  2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Bond, for what purpose?

Yepi69 likes this.
  3. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    I'll take this piece of news with a grain of salt. For the moment. Smealum's SSSpwn is even more legit than this. Plus, smea actually had a demo video showing it at work. (I'm not advocating that videos can't be faked but hey! at least its some evidence)

4. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    "grain of salt", oh christ, i forgot about all these people who just want to doubt something just because they are afraid that they will look stupid when the project gets cancelled etc
    bond697 (maybe not entirely by himself, i think he was working with someone?) basically decrypted everything gateway did, decrypted pokemon x y roms, but, of course, take this with a grain of salt because you have belief problems lol

for cheats?... or you mean 'why', as in, why spending his time on something like this well, hmm, Bond697 can tell you :)

Thirty3Three and Ammako like this.
  5. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
    It's just a joke. He's the last person I'd expect this from.

6. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    lol so this isn't being worked on, then how come phkex now has the code functionality, that is really just a coincidence?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    There has been a lot of showboating in the past......I say don't get too excited until something is actually out :P

8. Duo8

Jul 16, 2013
    What do you mean by "codes" though? Cheat code generation?

9. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    well, "being worked on", and he says that other people are working on similar things too... i'm not getting my hopes up, placing bets etc :)
    i believe that i am strong enough as a person to be able to survive if this, or something by someone else doesn't ever get finished or released :D

yeah something like that, i thought that since they (both bond and kaphotics) are on projectpokemon, both clever guys, that kaphotics just implemented the preliminary stuff of what bond did... maybe not though
    "Added: RAM Edit Code Generator
    • Exports codes for Tabs/Box Pokemon, and Wondercards. Specify the write offset.
    • Requires a hacked 3DS with redirected nand and a spawned thread running the code interpreter."

10. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Hey remember the decapping project? There were some heavy weights involved and the guy still ran away with the money.

11. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    oh yeah, that's a shame about that, but this isn't some guy asking for $2000.

"sorry sally, it's just that, ever since the decapping project on gbatemp, i just haven't been able to trust anyone anymore..."

Thirty3Three, Ammako and justinkb like this.
  12. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You just rubbed a grain of salt in the wound

frogboy, Thirty3Three and cearp like this.
  13. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If true, R.I.P Ninty online.
    If it ever was a thing.

14. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    ...do we know how far he got before the "heavy weights" caught up with him?

Edit: based on other evidence, e.g. retail cart decryption, mounting redirected NANDs etc. I'd say he's legit (but actually releasing it is another matter).

15. Scorchy

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    Crown3DS was worked on too.

16. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Nah, this won't affect online at all. Nintendo certainly has the methods to combat online hacks now, people most want this to hack muh Gen 6 pogeymans into the game since they don't want to take the 15 minutes needed to breed something.

17. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    For the first few months it wont.
    Then it'll plaster Ninty online like the black plague raged through medieval Europe.

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Even if there is no way to take the cheats online once it happens it will be every sucky players excuse

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    By my count on the Wii they had a few "impossible score" type checks and did mac bans for them, a fixed bug for game (mario kart round the flagpole type stuff) and not a lot else, granted Sony faced similar issues with the PS3 when that fell. The 3ds presently stands at them having basic save encryption, patching a game when they hosed it up royally in the first place and transmitted secret data, arguably not needed data and to a theoretically hostile entity, for pokemon in unobfuscated (let alone actually encrypted) and highly predictable form. The only thing I can see possibly helping is the unique keys for wifi games.

It might not turn out the utter free for all that was the DS and Wii, the entry requirements alone seeing to that, but I would be stunned if they have something resembling a hardened online service.

cearp likes this.
  20. cearp
    OP

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    was psp online gaming ruined by cheats? (not rhetorical etc, i want to know people's opinions)