3ds charging alternative

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kaiwaters, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Kaiwaters
    OP

Kaiwaters Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    My 3ds has a broken charger port and currently im using a nyko battery pack, but i noticed it doesnt charge half the time and it charges very slow is there anything else i can use?

2. Crisp Cookie

Crisp Cookie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Belgium
    Try charging it with the cradle

driverdis likes this.
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    use the official battery and the stock 3DS cradle. for one of my 3DS's, I also own the nyko pack and love it but I only trust charging it via the port and not via the battery terminals on the bottom. since your port is busted, just use the stock battery and cradle. you could always resolder it yourself or pay someone to do it.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    buy a new 3ds each time the battery runs out?

(maybe they sell external battery chargers, that charge the battery separately, sure you would have to take the battery out each time... but, unless you get it fixed or a new one, you'll have to do weird stuff like this) :)

5. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    If the stock cradle doesn't work for some reason, your best option is the nyko power pak+ & charge dock

You can pick one up from Amazon for $7 - linky

It increases the system's battery life, but more importantly has three contacts on the bottom of the battery. When placed in the included charging dock, it will charge the battery directly (you won't get an orange light on your 3ds, as the 3ds is unaware of the charge, but it is actually charging.

6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    did you even read his post?

7. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Darnit, stupid me! I swear I read that differently the first time.

Try scratching the contacts with your finger nail (gets the dirt off) and charge the system while it is on. Works for me!