Hardware 3DS Capture divce is out !

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm intersting, would be nice to have the one with hdmi output, would be lovely to play on big 3dtv screen :lol:
Though how the hell did you find video output *pinouts on the 3ds board :blink: ?

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Though how the hell did you find video output *pinouts on the 3ds board :blink: ?
I could be wrong, but I believe the 3DS is meant to work with an "official" TV output device from Nintendo that is both much more expensive and only sold to certain people.
Yeah but I thought the cables came out of the cartrigde slot, could be wrong though. (on the official one)

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
It's possible, as the cables go to the IS-CTR-CAPTURE (or Partner-CTR Capture), where you can yet again put in your DS or 3DS Cartridges, and go back to the PC or TV, and to the Wall Socket.
Compared to that, Loopy's Boards are way more compact, even though the IS-CTR-CAPTURE is even smaller, than a Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
That was the original plan, to have 3DTV output. But people want it for recording youtube videos instead, apparently.
Youtube can reproduce 3D videos, too, so that's still a very nice bonus for the YouTube guys.
Anyway, People link Youtube into all kinds of sites so Youtube recording doesn't just mean seeing how many hits you can get off of your video and show off how cool of a gamer you are (but that works, too, especially if hits+ads=$$$)

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@loopy
Will you make one for the 3DS XL? I want one for YouTube I don't care about 3D so no HDMI port. How much? $500.

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSXL -- probably. I need to take a closer look at it before deciding.
Waiting for the U.S. release.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@Loopy
So after Aug19 how long will take to have it ready for public? In like 6 months or so? Also is there any similar device for the PSVita?

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Loopy
So after Aug19 how long will take to have it ready for public? In like 6 months or so? Also is there any similar device for the PSVita?
I'd say minimum 3 months but 6 is probably a more realistic guess. IF I decide to make one.
PSVita? Not that I know of. I don't plan to make one.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
3DSXL -- probably. I need to take a closer look at it before deciding.
Waiting for the U.S. release.
If you're REALLY lucky, the internal connectors on the XL will be the same and the existing one will also be compatible.

wakarukaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the original plan, to have 3DTV output. But people want it for recording youtube videos instead, apparently.

I think the 3DTV output crowd is seems like a niche market only because people are making money off of "lets plays" these days.

But then again, how many people have 3DTVs, and how will the blown up image look on a 40"+ TV?

Personally, I'm interested in being able to save some of the Nintendo Video stuff to watch later!

katsukity

Trophies
Website
katsukity.blog123.fc2.com
XP
Country
https://www.youtube....U&feature=g-upl

3DS video capture kit New price!
http://katsukity.ocnk.net

3DSXL video capture succeeded.
639414927.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=41800&From=JPY&To=USD

holy fuck, 500$. will be some time before i get the money for that.

D

Deleted_171835

Interested in this for framerate tests with MGS3D and Monster Hunter: Tri G.

But for $500, I'll definitely wait.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interested in this for framerate tests with MGS3D and Monster Hunter: Tri G.

But for $500, I'll definitely wait.

Well, it's actually $250 if you install it yourself. (not sure about 3DS Capture Board yet though)
The extra $250 (if you pay $500) is for a 3DS ($170), if you don't already have one, and the installation fee. ($80)

It's a ripoff if you ask me, since the price to record the 3DS costs more than the 3DS system itself, but I understand it's very new so I'll give it time to drop in price.

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price?
Just 50$
Not including the price of the computer. At least the nice thing about this 3DS one is it goes straight to the TV.
Actually, it doesn't. Still just USB out to a computer.

The $50 board is much simpler hardware. It was a small run of boards, assembled by hand, and I sold them pretty much at cost; I don't think I made any money off of them. And DS is old hat, not nearly as many people interested in them.

*shrug* I don't know what Katsukity's sales numbers look like, but I assume somebody's buying his boards. I guess if you can get away with selling them for $500, you'd be a fool not to.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price?
Just 50$
Not including the price of the computer. At least the nice thing about this 3DS one is it goes straight to the TV.
Actually, it doesn't. Still just USB out to a computer.

The $50 board is much simpler hardware. It was a small run of boards, assembled by hand, and I sold them pretty much at cost; I don't think I made any money off of them. And DS is old hat, not nearly as many people interested in them.

*shrug* I don't know what Katsukity's sales numbers look like, but I assume somebody's buying his boards. I guess if you can get away with selling them for $500, you'd be a fool not to.

People probably weren't as interested because of ds emulators... i think this will be in more demand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...