Hardware 3DS Capture Card Prototype - 1 Month of Progress

CardboardNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFxzmShlhI&feature=feedu[/youtube]

"My friend who's been working on the capture card device for the 3DS asked me to upload this as example footage of how well the device currently works after a months worth of work with making the device.

I've seen the device up front and in person and it's in no stage to be considered "recordable" yet. The 3DS is still in two pieces when the device is wired to the console and he has not found a way to make the device so small and convent to be recordable with yet."

Source: youtube

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Quite cool, guess he takes the videosignal fed to the top screen on a detour, really looking into further development of this
smile.gif

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it can capture and save both sides of the stereoscopic 3d so we can make 3d videos of games
biggrin.gif

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully your friend can release some information on how to replicate this. I seen quite a few of these for DS and DSi but the people who made them didn't want to reveal how to do it for others.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
hopefully your friend can release some information on how to replicate this. I seen quite a few of these for DS and DSi but the people who made them didn't want to reveal how to do it for others.
nor would he, since if he shared this, people can just replicate it and SELL them off. or worse, companies can rip him off and SELL it as theirs. but this definitely is sweet. I do hope he figures out how to capture and record in 3D (eventually). or at least, make the device have jacks for output (shiiiieeeetttt, 3DS games on your TV/Monitor).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
lol, that's kinda silly. but the 3DS screen doesn't lose its sweet spot until a-ways back, so it's certainly doable.

was kinda looking for real in-game clips from the video though, not just cutscenes. but i guess it'd be hard to play the game while it's dismantled, heh.
smile.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is something I would really want to get. it would be an essential in my accessories list. Tell your friend to keep up the good work! I hope he completes this!
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ KazoWAR loopy/olimar covered the DS fairly well- http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/jumbotron/ Granted it is not quite as polished as some of those devices that were doing the rounds but not terribly hard to adapt

I am hesitant to call it as being similar for the 3ds (it could well be but they could equally have a different driver chip).

Back on topic looks quite nice, fiddling with/reverse engineering custom LCD devices is not my favourite gig by a long way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: