Hardware 3DS browser capabilities

D

Deleted User

Hmm. This is not good. Hopefully it will be updated. They're using a really slow NetFront browser usually used on phones.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What settings are there? Can you disable things like javascript, and perhaps stylesheets? If flash is always active it may be flash ads slowing shit down. Flash ads Just Plain Suck™.

popoffka said:
I've noticed an interesting feature: I've uploaded a photo to a website, and when viewed from a PC, this photo is a simple JPG, but when viewed in 3DS's browser, photo is 3D.3DS uses the MPO (or is it MP0?) format for images, which is an already-existing format which is simply two JPEG images together, so depending on the viewing device (I assume the 3DS has a user-agent identifier, can anybody grab it for me?) a different file is forwarded... unless you mean an image host with no MPO support, in which case it's either the browser falling back to JPG display (like non-APNG viewers reading the first PNG chunk) or the 3DS redirecting to the local file of the same name, but I'm thinking the first is much more likely.

Now that I see the link, since it's got the filename as JPG I'm not sure which it is, unless MPO has some identifier modern browsers pick up on. I don't have a hex editor handy right now to check.

heartgold said:
QUOTE(Tanveer @ Jun 7 2011, 11:20 AM) i am on the 3ds now. this page sort of looks blurry. loading time is pretty bad. and dont think it has flash.
That's what happens when your not using the whole ram. It's probably using like 16MB of ram OUT OF 128MB.
Honestly that doesn't make sense. It just sounds like it's doing a fast form of resizing (which would be CPU-bound, not RAM-bound).

AntvgX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also google translate doesn't work. I can't change the original language from english. Bad js support?

tj445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just hope they dont do the ridiculous "Pay To use flash/Java" thing.
Other than that the browser is good if we dont consider the lack of plugins
Who else thinks that this browser uses the same engine as in the Ipad?

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj445 said:
I just hope they dont do the ridiculous "Pay To use flash/Java" thing.
Other than that the browser is good if we dont consider the lack of plugins
Who else thinks that this browser uses the same engine as in the Ipad?

They aren't going to do that, you don't need to hope, it's just plain stupid.
closedeyes.gif

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The browser isn't actually that bad. Not good enough to browse all those flash-heavy sites but still I like to stop in game and have a look at some unlockable guides. One other thing though, is anyone else disappointed that Nintendo didn't announce some form of Youtube application at E3? I was.
frown.gif

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick tip, although it's something well known from Internet phone users, but adding "m." in front of the urls sometimes loads the light versions of websites, which are much quicker.

For instance, for quickly checking a game's walkthrough while playing: http://m.gamefaqs.com/

Works with facebook, and some other sites too.

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuka001 said:
Just a quick tip, although it's something well known from Internet phone users, but adding "m." in front of the urls sometimes loads the light versions of websites, which are much quicker.

For instance, for quickly checking a game's walkthrough while playing: http://m.gamefaqs.com/

Works with facebook, and some other sites too.
For those with low IQs: this is merely convention; it doesn't guarantee that a site even has a "mobile" version, which is what he's talking about (tip: search for "[site] mobile" on Google to find out for any particular site).

Also, you'll never see Java on the 3DS. Flash maybe, but doubtful. Nintendo would rather you watch videos on their own servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Att still wants 80 a month
    They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol