3DS Best CFW? Question and Issue(s), Please Help Anyone, Thanks!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you formatted the SD. It's possible it wiped your emuNAND. Are you on Windows? Go into Disk Management and check if there's unpartitioned space at the beginning of the card, or if the FAT32 partition is taking up the whole card.
Also, unless you made a backup of the card before formatting it, your saves are probably gone anyway.
this crossed my mind as well its the reason i said "assuming" & "try"

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
then lets try to solve this for your pokemons sake
strange can you post a pic?

You said you formatted the SD. It's possible it wiped your emuNAND. Are you on Windows? Go into Disk Management and check if there's unpartitioned space at the beginning of the card, or if the FAT32 partition is taking up the whole card.
Also, unless you made a backup of the card before formatting it, your saves are probably gone anyway.
Yeah I did make a backup of my files on the sd card:

https://imgur.com/a/lhxLN

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it looks like there is no emunand can you see one via your pc ? (. . . either way back up your current sd card and if you can your emunand as well)
if no you may need to create a new emunand so you can inject your old emunand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Check Disk Management like I said. If your emuNAND is gone and your NANDs were unlinked there's probably nothing you can do. If the NANDs are linked you should just need to reinstall the tickets of your games, which if you used FunkyCIA, CIAngel, FreeShop, tikShop or similar, you can do by going to the title key site and scanning the QR codes for the games in FBI, and selecting NO when it asks to install content from CDN (otherwise the saves are wiped)
But if you got the CIAs from some site online then you would need to find those same CIAs again and somehow extract the tickets from them.

Reactions: wormdood

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it looks like there is no emunand can you see one via your pc ? (. . . either way back up your current sd card and if you can your emunand as well)
if no you may need to create a new emunand so you can inject your old emunand
Okay I will now. How would I go about injecting my old emuNAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Check Disk Management like I said. If your emuNAND is gone and your NANDs were unlinked there's probably nothing you can do. If the NANDs are linked you should just need to reinstall the tickets of your games, which if you used FunkyCIA, CIAngel, FreeShop, tikShop or similar, you can do by going to the title key site and scanning the QR codes for the games in FBI, and selecting NO when it asks to install content from CDN (otherwise the saves are wiped)
But if you got the CIAs from some site online then you would need to find those same CIAs again and somehow extract the tickets from them.
Yeah they were unlinked :(

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You probably don't have one, but look for a file named something like emuNAND.bin, NAND_emu.bin of about 1-2GB in size. Could be in the SD card root, files9 folder or in gm9out.
Hmm...

Inside the /rei/emunand folder, there is a file called emunand.bin (1kb)
Inside the /emuNAND9 folder, there is a file called starter.bin (670mb)

As for the /files9 folder or /gm9/out folders, they were not present at that time when I made a backup.
However there is a NAND.bin file on the root that is 1.21gb

Last edited by Romruto,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm...

Inside the /rei/emunand folder, there is a file called emunand.bin (1kb)
Inside the /emuNAND9 folder, there is a file called starter.bin (670mb)

As for the /files9 folder or /gm9/out folders, they were not present at that time when I made a backup.
However there is a NAND.bin file on the root that is 1.21gb
The NAND.bin is probably of sysNAND. But if it's from before you unlinked, and you unlinked by formatting sysNAND it could still be of use.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm just gonna swallow this huge pill and say screw it.... :(
....I followed this guide: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

and up to this section: Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

Can I update it? My 3DS says Sys 9.2.0-20U
Is this Luma with B9S CFW?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and up to this section: Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

To answer your question, it's safe to update. But i recommend you try this before calling it a day:

1. Make a backup of your Nintendo 3DS folder.
2. Restore NAND.bin
3. If that doesnt make your games appear, format the system using system settings.
4. Go through initial set up and then drag the backup you made back onto your SD card (overwriting the folder still there).

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
To answer your question, it's safe to update. But i recommend you try this before calling it a day:

1. Make a backup of your Nintendo 3DS folder.
2. Restore NAND.bin
3. If that doesnt make your games appear, format the system using system settings.
4. Go through initial set up and then drag the backup you made back onto your SD card (overwriting the folder still there).
where do I go to restore my .NAND.bin?
edit: I held start while booting on and chose the nand.bin and proceeded to restore.
edit: nothing happened after restoring the nand. So I give up. I'm just gonna start from scratch.

Last edited by Romruto,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do I go to restore my .NAND.bin?
edit: I held start while booting on and chose the nand.bin and proceeded to restore.
edit: nothing happened after restoring the nand. So I give up. I'm just gonna start from scratch.
Did you try restoring and then formatting the console?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Don't give up yet.
What I suggested should allow you to get your saves back, if you didn't format sysNAND between making that backup and creating emuNAND, and you didn't format emuNAND afterwards. Usually there would be no reason to format besides unlinking so there's a decent chance that it will work.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
After installing everything from this https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) GUIDE, from start to finish, and still having the folder that has my 3DS savedata & rei files, am I able to recover my emuNAND?

I know you said "if you didn't format sysNAND between making that backup and creating emuNAND, and you didn't format emuNAND afterwards. Usually there would be no reason to format besides unlinking so there's a decent chance that it will work." but when I tried to backup my rei's emuNAND, during the step about backing up the sysNAND from the 3ds guide page, everything listed in the GODMODE was only sysNAND and there was no emuNAND present to select from. Also, I highly believe that my New3DS was unlinked from the sysNAND and rei's emuNAND.

So even if they were unlinked and nothing was showing emuNAND in the list in GODMODE, was it even possible to recover my ReiNAND's emuNAND?

Edit: I did format my sd card due to it freezing before all of this. During my wanting to play this 3DS again, I turned it on and loaded into Rei's emuNAND as normal. Then I downloaded the new update files for ReiNAND. After that, I turned on my 3DS as normal and proceeded to use Rei. I thought to update the CFW on Rei to today's Nintendo 3DS FW. After that, things acted up strange like not loading into the System Settings and stalling until I had to hard shut down. It happened again and again, so I decided to use a backup of my old files before I updated ReiNAND files and Rei's emuNAND CFW. At this point, it stopped loading into the emuNAND and gave a black screen. Then I tried to format the SD card and move the backup'd files onto the sd card once more and nothing still. And finally, I ended up here asking questions about what to do.

Last edited by Romruto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol