Hacking 3DS battery died during ctr transfer, hardbrick?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
will this work: restore the NANDmin.bin backup (made by Decrypt9WIP during auto ctr transfer) by hardmod

in other words: are Decrypt9 NAND backups compatible with hardmod?

or is there any other options?

yeah silly me didn't connect a power cord, the system is on full power when handed to me, so I didn't bother...

D

Deleted-19228

I hope you mean 5 minutes...On the o3ds I didn't even have to completely lift up slot 1. Took maybe 10 minutes?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yeah my soldering skill is that bad, I used that alternative pad, which is located on the other side of the motherboard, lots of ribbon connectors involved and that pad is tiny as hell, it just won't stick.

I thought it would need a hot air gun to remove the cart slot, no?

Last edited by JimmyZ,

Hexsyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly soldering is a nice skill to have, just be sure to have the right proper solder (even those rosin 60/40 at radio shack is efficient) and flux paste to make that connection stick, with isopropyl alchohol to clean off the residue afterwards, pretty much was a fun experience to install loopy's capture card as a learning curve

you COULD use a hot air gun, but youre at risk at damaging other components seeing as this is already a nono for small devices like cell phones

Last edited by Hexsyz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1