3DS A9lh downgrade problem!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by LuxxisLucky17, Jul 22, 2017.

1. LuxxisLucky17
    OP

LuxxisLucky17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    When my old 3ds was on 11.3 I downgraded using A9lh through home brew sound hax. This got me to 9.2.0 then I downgraded from there to 2.1.0 God knows how I did it.

And me being a noob and not knowing how to install a CFW even with all the guides I just updated but I didn't even know that 11.4 was out . So now I'm left with no homebrew. My 3DS is FINE except the fact that now it can't play DS games, only 3DS games it can play.

When I launch DS games on it, the screen goes black and the home menu music is still playing but at a low volume... Its been 4 months now... I'm thinking of just getting a new 3DS.

Help??

2. Toady231

Toady231 Currently down a well

Feb 6, 2017
    Ukraine
    Eastern Europe
    I take it you didn't get the cfw on your ds then. If that's the case you either have to wait for the new bootntrhax or buy a new ds and hope it's not on 11.5

3. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    They would still need CFW/another console(DSi 1.4.4/DSLite)/Powersaves to install BootNTRHax as well as a compatible flashcard. Unless they want to wait another 4 months the best bet is to buy a new console on 11.3 or lower.

4. Toady231

Toady231 Currently down a well

Feb 6, 2017
    Ukraine
    Eastern Europe
    Unless he buys a pre patched compatible card but that will be expensive. Best and cheapest option is to buy a second hand n3ds

Majickhat55 likes this.
  5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    And he'd still have to wait XX amount of time....

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You need to restore your original NAND backup to get DS games working again I believe.
    What guide did you follow? It can't have been the one and only 3ds.guide because that hasn't had downgrading for ages, and downgrading to install A9LH is an outdated method.