3DNUS

by ground Dec 18, 2014 at 10:06 PM 288,673 Views 827 replies
  1. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Guru

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I have a question. How do you install the .cia file on emunand and emulate say 9.0.0 after you downloaded it from this wonderful piece of software?

2. ground
    OP

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    you can install the .cia's with bigredmenu/ devmenu. ;) if you want to "downgrade"make sure you spoof the titleid's high enough.

satel likes this.
  3. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    What do you mean be spoof the titleid's high enough.

4. ground
    OP

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    i ment version id. So that the version of your downloaded cia is higher then the already installed title(cia) on your 3ds, otherwise the 3ds refuses to install that cia.

5. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015
    Hey, You think I could use this to trick my console into downgrading? Been reading this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-update-process-analyzed.285655/ and I'm thinking of using my Raspberry Pi to redirect the console to a local web server, hosting the files. Seem possible? I think it may be possible. I could use IPTABLES to redirect the traffic... Maybe...

6. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I had the same idea as I to have a raspberry pi. Maybe we could work together...

7. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Maybe. After reading the post about the update process, I wonder if the part where the 3DS exchanges data through SSL is where it gets "told" what titles have been updated. Since I'm already running 9.5.x, I wouldn't be able to test it at the moment as Nintendo haven't release another firmware update, yet.

Once Nintendo release another update and I have found the listing of updated titles - I should be able to replace those files with older ones on my local server. If all goes well - I guess that'll be my very first "big hack".

What firm you running?

8. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Awesome :D!
    Now the only feature I miss is a list where I can chose the titles (instead of looking up some titles :P)

9. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    9.5.0. Are the update files from Nintendo the servers a .cia or something else?

Edit: I will be getting a 4.5 console this summer however.

10. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

The update files aren't normally stored as a .CIA, but 3DNUS converts them into a .CIA so you can install them through DevMenu. The 3DS downloads the files in their "Original" form. I've downloaded 9.2E and 9.2U (for American users). If I do succeed in this, I'll post my findings on GBATemp - I guess. If you get a 4.5 console, you should definitely use MT Cards emuNAND if you don't have a Gateway, then we can "play around" with the NUS.

11. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Easiest method would be to download the latest firmware, then replace the files with older ones (old titles should be named with latest version ID's), the finally configure IPTABLES to redirect the HTTP traffic to a local server (can't redirect HTTPS because of the SSL certificate and such. If the console fails to communicate to Nintendo's legit secure server, the update would fail).

12. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    So what your suggesting is when the update fails our raspberry pi server will hijack it and upgrade it to the firmware that the user want's to update to?

13. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

No, what I'm saying is - the Raspberry Pi will ALLOW HTTPS (otherwise the update WILL fail) but redirect all HTTP traffic to a local server (hijack). This SHOULD in theory, downgrade the console. All I'd haft to do is rename the old 9.2 titles to the name of the latest version of that title.

E.g. (This is an example, it is completely random)
    9.2 Download Play ID/VER: 00111009 (ID)/0000V12 (VER)
    9.6 Download Play ID/VER: 00111009 (ID)/0000V13 (VER)

Rename "0000V12" to "0000V13". The console will download "0000V13" and it will actually be installing an older title. All of this is just a theory at the moment though - I can only test it if I had another console with an older firmware or if Nintendo released another update. My console is running 9.5 so I'm sort of screwed at the moment :/

14. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Everyone on 9.5 is screwed for chances of making homebrew aren't they :P It's a simple and beautiful theory. Ubuntu Snappy core could be used as the sever (I'm currently trying to do my first ever port and port Snappy Core to Raspberry Pi model A) .

15. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Oh cool. At this current moment in time, I'll be testing everything on my model B with Apache2 as the web server since it's what I've already got set up. You sure you can port snappy core to the model A? I don't think Ubuntu distribute ARM6 binaries for the architecture meaning that you probably won't have access to the archive of programs with apt-get, unless you add debians repo to your apt-get.list? Would be cool if you did mange somehow!

16. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Not at all... You only actually need a gateway card to enter Gateway Mode /Gateway Classic. Without a Gateway, you can still load the Gateway menu and do nand backups and perform the downgrade.

Edit: I already said this in an earlier post. I guess you missed it.

By the way... When I put + in the spoof version block, it says "no valid spoof number entered"

17. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    ground

3DNUS stucks on downloading 9.5.0-23

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    It doesn't work on WinXP 32bit.
    I know, I'm outdated and all, but there are still a lot of users using it. if you know how to compile for it that would be great.
    Thanks.

cvskid likes this.
  19. BurningDesire

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    New update is out for 3DS!

20. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    So unlike NUSDownloader this has no database correct, all titles and version numbers must be put in manually?