ROM Hack 3DNUS

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this tool download themes?

Downloading Themes requires titleid and titlekey to work. Buy at least one Theme, get your ticket.db decrypted and use CDNto3DS.py to create your cia.

make_cdn_cia still has a little nasty bug when many files are still encrypted, so even funkycia won't work.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Downloading Themes requires titleid and titlekey to work. Buy at least one Theme, get your ticket.db decrypted and use CDNto3DS.py to create your cia.

make_cdn_cia still has a little nasty bug when many files are still encrypted, so even funkycia won't work.

Thanks, that means no to me as I don't have a gateway (I'm using NINJHAX)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use this and install all downloaded files to upgrade from 4.2.0-9U to 4.5.0-10U, everything seems fine. When I try going from the new 4.5.0-10U to 9.0.0-20U, I brick with a black screen (I'm hard-modded so not a *huge* deal).

Why? Do I need to upgrade in steps? Is the slot0x25KeyX.bin required somewhere? Should I use something other than Big Blue Menu to install them? I don't see any New 3DS files in downloaded files, so it's not that...

Many of you may think this is retarded, but I'm trying to do this to sysnand. Again, I'm hard-modded, so whatever...

Edit: I just jumped from 4.5.0-10U to 6.1.0-11U no problem (except that I could have sworn I put the 5.0.0-11U files on the SD card... but I'm getting tired...) I guess I'll keep stepping up until it black-screens again. Or doesn't...

Edit2: Ok, going from 6.1.0-11U to 7.0.0-13U is where I hit my first snag. It loads, but trying to enter settings at this point shows the Nintendo 3DS loading animation at the top... and keeps showing it. It does load from Gateway Mode though (I am not using emunand). Going from that point to 8.0.0-18U gives me a black-screen brick.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- it has the ability to change the versions of the title. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK(this is actually for the whole program), so it can trick the 3ds in updating while it is actually downgrading (emunand for now).

Could this pave the way for forcing downgrades/incremental upgrades via Sky?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this pave the way for forcing downgrades/incremental upgrades via Sky?
wow... you didn't even read the last post in the thread. I'm using Gateway, granted, but Things start getting screwy at FW 7. I wish someone could tell me what's up with that. Perhaps something that needs to be addressed in make_cdn_cia? I don't even remember where I got my copy from. Tried building one from github source and ended up with a 46KB file that makes invalid .cia files. The one I have that works is 156KB.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... you didn't even read the last post in the thread. I'm using Gateway, granted, but Things start getting screwy at FW 7. I wish someone could tell me what's up with that. Perhaps something that needs to be addressed in make_cdn_cia? I don't even remember where I got my copy from. Tried building one from github source and ended up with a 46KB file that makes invalid .cia files. The one I have that works in 156KB.

Have you tried downgrading yet?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried downgrading yet?
Not using this stuff. There's no point, considering you can already to downgrade to 4.2 (or 4.5, depending on your region) using Gateway's files. Even if you don't own a Gateway. With NinjHax et al, there's no reason to go lower than that. Not that I know of, anyway.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using this stuff. There's no point, considering you can already to downgrade to 4.2 (or 4.5, depending on your region) using Gateway's files. Even if you don't own a Gateway. With NinjHax et al, there's no reason to go lower than that. Not that I know of, anyway.

My thought was that for someone who bought a console that came with 9.3 or above, they could use Sky to downgrade or those of us with a Japanese New 3DS that come on 8.1.0J (no browser use) could update to 9.0.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My thought was that for someone who bought a console that came with 9.3 or above, they could use Sky to downgrade or those of us with a Japanese New 3DS that come on 8.1.0J (no browser use) could update to 9.0.
You can't install anything from a sky, you can only load unmodified 3DS roms (cia conversions don't work either)

Sparringpartner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody. I have a few questions. I'm unable to downgrade my son's old 3ds ( cosmo black ) with Gateway , possibly because sysnand were only updated via cartridge instead of wifi. there could be missing files wich cause the downgrade process to fail.
I downloaded firmware 9.2.0-20 EUR , but i wonder how to install those files to sysnand. The purpose of all this, is to update actual version 8.1 to 9.2 and then, to downgrade properly to 4.5 and getting rid of the online exploit. Thank you very much for your help.

Peace !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.