Homebrew 3dmoo - New 3DS Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Keep moving forward to 3DS emulator team!!! First, Citra, second - 3Dmoo, and third - TronDS (new one)! :yay:

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Keep moving forward to 3DS emulator team!!! First, Citra, second - 3Dmoo, and third - TronDS (new one)! :yay:
TronDS actually pre-dates the other two emulators. Since it seems to only emulate Desktop GUI crashes, though, I don't think that's a fair comparison to the other two. :P

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no it is not the bottom screen stuff is not yet supported as I have not added some HW I/O ports

What It would need to run stuff that was compiled with nin sound SDK would be ArbitrateAddress but I have no idea how that works.

While reading this doc I thought this could be at,least of some use :P

4r25vm.png

http://www.atmel.com/Images/ddi0029g_7tdmi_r3_trm.pdf

page 2-18

Reactions: Margen67

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: This will not play commercial games, so don't ask.

But that is the end goal, right? I'm not saying for piracy; there are many legitimate uses. For instance, because there's no emulator that can play commercial games yet, in order for Twitch Plays Pokemon to do Pokemon X (which has finally been confirmed btw) they need to do a complicated workaround involving an Arduino hooked up to a disassembled 3DS's input board, along with a capture card. With an emulator, that wouldn't be necessary. An emulator would also allow modding games and RAM editing to be easily possible. Some people have already figured out how to decrypt 3DS ROMs and do RAM editing, but what pisses me off is they have to be elitist dicks about it and not tell anyone how to do it or release the decrypted ROM, so it might as well not have been done yet at all. (Yes, I know releasing the ROM would be illegal, but they could always do it anonymously. Yes, that would make piracy easier, but it would also make legitimate modding easier, including by people who already legally own the original game.)

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
But that is the end goal, right?

Maybe. It's not said anywhere.
Some people have already figured out how to decrypt 3DS ROMs and do RAM editing, but what pisses me off is they have to be elitist dicks about it and not tell anyone how to do it or release the decrypted ROM, so it might as well not have been done yet at all.

They have the right to do whatever they want with their works. People should stop thinking they're entitled to those stuff.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised how this thread died down. Any updates last month? Any news? Any.. anything?
No, not anything the end user would really care about. I'm sure there's been some under the hood improvements.

Reactions: lismati

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The main goal of hardware emulation is to keep the software runnable, as close to genuine as possible, (even) after the hardware is no longer available. That is why we have MAME and MESS, and specialized emulators, and at one point the 3DS should be added to that list as well. It's good to start now when there's still plenty of hardware for testing purposes, documentation, etc. available.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. It's not said anywhere.

They have the right to do whatever they want with their works. People should stop thinking they're entitled to those stuff.

All I'm saying is that they shouldn't tease the community by saying they've done something like that if they aren't going to share the benefits of it. Them having a decrypted ROM but refusing to release it is only marginally better than Nintendo/Game Freak (who also won't release it, for more obvious reasons) being the only ones with a copy of the decrypted ROM.

So far all they've done (AFAIK) is post an as-of-yet unused music track on YouTube, and document the .PKX format which isn't really that useful to know yet because of the lack of reliable save editing. (Yeah, there's Powersaves, but that doesn't provide local save editing where you can change anything you want, just some pre-made save mods by Datel performed on a remote server.)

Reactions: bobmcjr

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are two things needed for a flourishing homebrew scene - first is a unified library that could be used even by a monkey, the second is a proper environment to emulate, so that you don't have to go through the painful process of copying files over to hardware each and every time you want to test a new binary (which often means juggling SD cards every couple of *minutes* when we're talking about fine-tuning a large chunk of code). We don't have the first yet, but it would seem that 3Dmoo is shaping up to be the latter pretty quickly, so I'm excited for any and all developments.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two things needed for a flourishing homebrew scene - first is a unified library that could be used even by a monkey, the second is a proper environment to emulate, so that you don't have to go through the painful process of copying files over to hardware each and every time you want to test a new binary (which often means juggling SD cards every couple of *minutes* when we're talking about fine-tuning a large chunk of code). We don't have the first yet, but it would seem that 3Dmoo is shaping up to be the latter pretty quickly, so I'm excited for any and all developments.

Even more important than those two is actually having a documented and hacked system to work with. That's lacking, not to discredit what has been done so far, which is why both libraries and emulators are at a relative stand-still.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Even more important than those two is actually having a documented and hacked system to work with. That's lacking, which is why both libraries and emulators are at a relative stand-still.
3DBrew's documentation is expanding every single day and the more tinkering we do the more we'll find out about the system. It's still early days, but it's understandable - the more complex a system is the longer it takes to document it.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug