Gaming 3D Metal Slug released :p

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
It's been floating around for quite a while now. I haven't picked it up yet, didn't know what to make of the game from the screenshots.

Has anyone actually played it that can comment as to what the playablilty is like in a 3d environment ?

Did they manage to capture the feel of the 2d Slugs, or should i just wait for Metal Slug 6 to be ported to a home console.

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played it, it's actually pretty good I thought it was going to suck since I'm used to the 2d Metal Slug games. But they did a pretty good job of recreating the feel of it in 3d with the different weapons and vehicles. Still I prefer the 2d Metal slugs to this one, but it is a nice change. Also according to lik-sang Metal Slug 6 will be out on the 27th

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=9210

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I guess i might give it a try then. Oh and thats excellent news on the Slug 6 release date.
Seems like the Hori Arcade stick will get some more use after all
wub.gif

Oldschool arcade gaming FTW
grog.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, this game looks awful even if it was released a couple of years back like it was meant to. I should check it out though 'cos it reminds me a bit of Sin and Punishment on the N64... (which was awesome), so I'm hoping MS 3D plays a little like that. ^^

D

Demonclaw

Ive finished it yesterday and I must say Its a pretty average action game in every category with a horrible camera and lock on system (yeah thats right people , autoaim in a metal slug game) . But If youre a fan of Metal Slug youre not gonna get dissapointed from the content since all the four main characters are back in 3d with most of their enemies and the metal slug tank of course . But the tank contol are really sluggish and the cannon is totally worthless since you cant aim it so the tank isnt really that usefull , although the game have one cool feature that allows you to customize the tank like changing the cannon , tracks and camouflage . The Story is easy to follow since all the voices are in english but game itself isnt very challenging and lacks any multiplayer mode so you wont get more than a couple of hours from it .

Metal Slug 3D can be very fun but it can also be very frustrating in many areas so its not the non stop action game you wanted to see if youre a fan of the original games .

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kinda like how Worms 3D screwed up.
no, it's much worse than that...
Worms 3D actually feels like the 2D Worms games

some parts of Metal Slug 3D feel like Metal Slug 1-5, like the weapons (but not even all of them, like the Rocket Launcher)...but most of the game is really bad...the tank just slows you down, it's easier to play WITHOUT the tank, since dodging projectiles is so easy (there's a cross showing where bullets are going to land)

I don't really like the new "hi-res" style of Metal Slug 6 either, why didn't they just keep the old style, which looked perfect and made the game famous for some of the best 2D graphics ever?
I'm looking forward to Metal Slug 6 anyway...maybe it'll be the last Metal Slug game, who knows?

Metal Slug 6 will be released for the PS2 soon, btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.