3659 Magic Hanja DS

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by mister_C, Feb 3, 2011.

Feb 3, 2011

3659 Magic Hanja DS by mister_C at 5:08 AM (1,074 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. mister_C
    OP

Newcomer mister_C Member

United States
    Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with AP on NDS rom 3659, Magic Hanja DS. I initially tried to load the rom using a very old version of the DSTT firmware. The game would load, but both the "Story Mode" (스토리 모드) and the "1000 character quiz" (퀴즈천자문) games would not work properly. The story mode would eventually black screen and lock up after the main character is tackled during an animation sequence. The quiz games would load, but the AP would always say I inputted an incorrect answer (even if I was correct).

So, I updated to the RetroGameFan DSTT firmware (ver 6.47). The quiz games now work fine, but the story mode still produces the same error.

Again, when selecting "스토리 모드" from the main menu, the story mode begins with some animations, stories, and prompts to draw some basic hanja characters. But, after some dialog boxes and the main character getting tackled by some crazy forest creatures (lol) the game goes to a black screen and locks up.

Is there any sort of cheat code or other DSTT update that will make this rom fully work? I think this rom was said to be fixed, but perhaps the coder who fixed it did not notice this other AP. (esp. considering this is a rather obscure game).

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.

2. mister_C
    OP

Newcomer mister_C Member

United States
    Ok, well I managed to find a solution for anyone who's interested.

For this game, there were 2 rom images released by two different groups.

I at first had the NEREiD version. It continually gave that specific problem I mentioned in the first post.

The other 3659 release by Independent is the one I just tried now, and it works 100% (no more black screen lock-up)

Anyways, thanks~