GBAtemp Recommends Revival # 010

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp_recommends_revivla_logo2_build-1.png

Welcome to the 10th issue of the GBAtemp Recommends Revival Project! This project is a weekly magazine feature where we share our favorite games and applications with you. The things we recommend may be "old school" titles, a Homebrew, a ROM hack, sleeper hits, an application, etc, but one thing's for certain, we think they are fantastic and deserve your attention!

GBAtemp Recommends!

N+​

Ninjas? Ninjas? Yes, Timmy, you heard right. Ninjas! This week we're recommending N+, an action platformer that made an appearance on several systems, including the DS, PSP, and XBox360 (XBLA). The game, successor to the PC flash game titled N, was made for Atari by an independent game development company called Metanet Software. It was released for the DS in August of 2008.

In this back-to-basics, no-nonsense platformer, you play as a ninja with an appetite for danger... and gold coins. Your mission is to use your ninja skillz to run, jump, and dodge you way through a multitude of obstacles and attacks in order to collect maximum booty and safely reach the exit before being obliterated by a droid, getting blown to smithereens by a relentless tracking missile, or destroyed by a quick laser zap.

There's over 200 frustratingly clever levels to attempt to conquer in N+, but if the included maps aren't tough enough for you, the game features a level editor for constructing your own ninja death traps. When you do make it through a level unscathed, you can do an instant replay of your most recent victory. There's also bonus unlockables, like level packs, victory animations, and different character colors that can be obtained by completing various goals.

While being available for more than one system, N+ really fits the DS format nicely. The controls feel natural, and it's nice having dual screens, one for zoomed in, and one for full map. So pick up the version of you choice and give the game a go. It's simple, fun, and you can count on it being a continual challenge. I definitely recommend it.

Genre: Action Platformer
Type: Retail Release
Developer: Metanet
Release Date: August, 2008
ROM Size: 8MB
System: DS (also for PSP, Xbox360)

If you enjoyed this weeks edition of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the thread. This helps us monitor feedback and ensures we keep posting these magazine articles in the future. If you want to write for the GBAtemp Recommends, please PM a topic idea to Another World. Be sure to include a brief description and why you feel it is software appropriate for the Recommends Revival.

icon11.gif
Official N+ Site
icon11.gif
N+ Wiki Page
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is a really fun game. i played it for a while on the ds when it came out. it always felt like a well polished homebrew with community driven levels, probably why i enjoyed it so much.

are the servers for the co-op stuff still offline? its sad when a game's co-op doesn't last for the life of the system, for whatever reason.

-another world

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
N+ sure is amazing, so much fun (and frustration) from a game that's only 5 MB. Loved it on the DS, and now also playing it on the PSP. It's a shame the online servers are indeed offline.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The servers were offline when I tried this game awhile ago. It disappointed me, since I was really interested in checking everything out. Regardless, this game is fairly amazing. It is really, really, really hard, though. There are plenty of levels that are easy, plenty that present challenge that with a little practice, you'll get past. Some levels though, you'll be practically depending on luck to finish it off. Not to say that's a bad thing. It makes for an exciting playing experience. Even somebody who gets as frustrated at the seemingly impossible as myself was able to have tons of fun with N+.

Definitely check it out if you haven't.

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I never finished this because I was stuck in a level. I did end up purchasing this because I enjoyed it so much. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on