Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hateful lies against who? the persians? no one cares, that kind of persia is gone... whether it's acurate or not has no bearing whether it's a good movie or not.

laugh.gif
You misunderstood. I was being ironic. I only said I prefer another (entirely different) version of the story. You'd know what I was on about if you had read the comic "Alan Ford" (one of the best comics ever, a parody on spy movies and series, about a secret, tiny, unorganised, unfunded counterintelligence organisation. Made in Italy). There's a character there, Number One, who is an ancient old geezer, who claims to be thousands of years old, and to have witnessed most historical events, only his version is always slightly different than what the history books tell us.

For the battle of Termopile he says:

Leonida was a lazy, glutonous, fat slob, who prefered lunch to any other time of day or any other activity in life. He was ordered to defent the Termopilae from an oncoming Persian invasion. Upon seeing the might of the Persian army, he turned to flee, but his enormous butt got stuck in the Termopilae, blocking the path to Sparta. The Persians couldn't advance, and were forced to retreat to their camp. Leonida came to be praised as the man who singlehandedly stopped the Persian invasion.

I really prefer this version. It's funny
laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna see this at the weekend, currently resisting the DVDSCR that has just appeared, this is one for the big screen! I was really hyped over this film as its by Zack who made a great Dawn of the Dead remake and its Frank frigging Miller!

Shit did I just say "hyped"? *vomits*

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's a movie inspired by a comic BUTÂ Read some history books!
Read GREEK history and learn about the spartans

I'M PROUD TO BE GREEK

The Producers never claimed that this was true historical records. It's a movie and they said if you want a true story regrading the event, you can look up history books. It's wasn't meant to be a documentary, it's a movie based (just based) on historical facts. take it at face value... It's a good flick. Nuff said!

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
hateful lies against who? the persians? no one cares, that kind of persia is gone... whether it's acurate or not has no bearing whether it's a good movie or not.

laugh.gif
You misunderstood. I was being ironic. I only said I prefer another (entirely different) version of the story. You'd know what I was on about if you had read the comic "Alan Ford" (one of the best comics ever, a parody on spy movies and series, about a secret, tiny, unorganised, unfunded counterintelligence organisation. Made in Italy). There's a character there, Number One, who is an ancient old geezer, who claims to be thousands of years old, and to have witnessed most historical events, only his version is always slightly different than what the history books tell us.

For the battle of Termopile he says:

Leonida was a lazy, glutonous, fat slob, who prefered lunch to any other time of day or any other activity in life. He was ordered to defent the Termopilae from an oncoming Persian invasion. Upon seeing the might of the Persian army, he turned to flee, but his enormous butt got stuck in the Termopilae, blocking the path to Sparta. The Persians couldn't advance, and were forced to retreat to their camp. Leonida came to be praised as the man who singlehandedly stopped the Persian invasion.

I really prefer this version. It's funny
laugh.gif

gotcha! i never read that one, but i'll look into it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
well, when i was in europe (germany mostly), i found it was easier to talk to italians than to german people with the spanish that i've learned... i couldnt understand them all the way, but i got the basic concept behind what they were trying to say... but i wouldnt get the jokes so
frown.gif

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont get what accent the king is meant to have. One minute hes scottish then hes american then hes english wTF!
Nice to see they portrayed the traitor as a complete retard

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I was pretty disappointed. Sepia tones over film, semi-"virile" dialogue that might appeal to the fourteen-year-olds in dire need of manliness and digitized blood does not an epic movie make.

More like epic fail.

DRACO

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awww hell no epic failure never this movie was da best but your are entitled to ur opinoin and i respect that--- yoooo wtf was that goast lamb head in da sex scene with that 7ft tall dildo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.