Hacking 3.70?

CTR640

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So my current Vita OLED got 2 dark spots in dark scenes such as games and movies and that's pretty annoying.
Been looking for second hand Vita OLED and most are on 3.70. Anyone else with 3.70 got troubles running Henkaku on it? Working? Same as on 3.65/68?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not swap your screen for a new one?
You can find them on AliExpress.

As for 3.70, There will be a hack for it.
No clue when it will drop but it will drop.

CTR640

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not swap your screen for a new one?
You can find them on AliExpress.

As for 3.70, There will be a hack for it.
No clue when it will drop but it will drop.
Have no clue on how to repair the screen. From what I've seen in the video's the front panel is glued to the screen.
And not sure if PCH1104 screens will work on my PCH1004.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They sell them including screen bezels.
No need to remove the actual OLED panel.

Yes, PCH1104 parts work with PCH1004.
Aside from the different identifier (based upon region), hardware wise there's no difference.

CTR640

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They sell them including screen bezels.
No need to remove the actual OLED panel.

Yes, PCH1104 parts work with PCH1004.
Aside from the different identifier (based upon region), hardware wise there's no difference.
Are they the same OLED screens quality? To replace it, the entire motherboard has to be screwed off? And the connectors of the screen to the motherboard? Can they be easily connected back?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
New old stock, can't guarantee a 100% perfect screen as I don't sell them.
With a bit of patience, yes disassembly and reassembly is pretty straight forward.

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else with 3.70 got troubles running Henkaku on it?
Yes, the main issue is that you literally can't.
Ah yes, henkaku en h-encore are different?
They're just different ways to load henkaku, the end result is the same (aside from differences in firmware version)
So I should avoid Vita's with 3.70?
You can, but getting one just means you'll have to wait a bit longer until theflow releases his 3.69/70 hack (which will be sometime later this year).

As mentioned above, you'll probably just want to buy a new screen & replace it.

CTR640

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So today I've got a second hand PSVita OLED with....3.65 lol. So basically two Vita's. The seller prepared everything so henkaku 3.65 is already installed.
This one has no dark spots like from fall but there are those blodges on the horizontal half of the screen. But atleast they are not visible unlike the other Vita that has the dark spots visible in opening intro of DBZ: Battle of Z. I expected that as those minor problems are inherent for OLED but never ever LCD.

So everything goes fine. But when I wanna log in with my PSN, it screams "You have to update system software" and spoofing is enabled.
How can I log in without getting that msg?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a 'screen flasher' app that can temporarily reduce the blotches the oled screens suffer from over time.
It literally just flashes colours at an epilepsy inducing rate - but in my experience it does temporarily reduce the dark areas affected on the screen. Just leave it running for ten minutes and you should notice a difference.

CTR640

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's a 'screen flasher' app that can temporarily reduce the blotches the oled screens suffer from over time.
It literally just flashes colours at an epilepsy inducing rate - but in my experience it does temporarily reduce the dark areas affected on the screen. Just leave it running for ten minutes and you should notice a difference.
That's exactly as I was thinking so I was right. Expected it tho. My own Vita hasn't been played on a lot so it's like a perfect oled screen.

Got the update software msg fixed by changing the spoof version to 3.70. It was on 3.68. No wonder why I kept getting the msg lol

Any idea which screen flasher app to reduce the blotches?

Last edited by CTR640,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off...