3.55 OFW Decision

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TheVinAnator, Jun 20, 2016.

1. TheVinAnator
    OP

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    so I just got a vita for FREE with a game from my friend, it came on OFW 3.55. I really want to hack it but am aware there is hardly anything I can do. Now I was trying to reset it but it said that I should de activate the PlayStation account it's linked with but to do so I HAVE to update. Questions are: is there that much of a difference between these two firmware and is there a bypass or something, also just because is there work going to be done eventually to enable cfw on one of these fw? Thanks !

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Jun 20, 2016
  2. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Well I took the plunge I doubted there was a bypass anyway and I'm guessing they're not too different

3. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    You can install Tn-V. I suggest to make a backup of your friends system first before anything else.

4. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    How can I do that and what is it good for I was also gonna mention she didn't reset it and for me to reset it I need to log into the account linked, is there some kind of bypass?

5. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    There is a bypass of some sort. You can connect it to QCMA to your pc, you should download it first, along with vita update blocker. You have to connect your vita to pc and in the Vita content manager there is a backup option. Also you can do the mail trick which tutorial 1 in Voxel's to get important files like ireg, dreg, act.dat. if your friend has games on her backup, when you change account it would be gone, so you have to backup her system, and a fe wmore files so you can use it even after you make an account change.

6. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Lol she really has no interest in games and I have no interest in the ones she had once I get a good exploit I'm in a low budget so ;) also can you link to something for the bypass? A bit confused

7. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    You are so fortunately to have a true friend that gave you a Vita for free with a game. NICE!

TheKawaiiDesu and TheVinAnator like this.
  8. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    I guess you can just do a system restore. It will delete everything and format the vita. Press power on, ps button, and R at the same time while booting. From there choose restore system.

9. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    It also came with borderlands 2 littlebigplanet and a few others, and when you say true friend she's been at my school for 2 weeks :P or less LOL but it was nice I like that games but wanted t to be like brand new lil

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thx!

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Jun 21, 2016
    azoreseuropa likes this.
  10. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    No prob :)

11. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    One more question is cfw being worked in for 3.60 and if it is and when it's done will I need an exploit game or something or am I fine with what I have?

12. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking for the Vita, just stay where you are for now, 3.55 right?

I'm on 3.36 and I don't even think things are being developed. There aren't a lot of underground developers for the Vita and most things aren't even updated. There isn't exactly a scene for the Vita but there are loyal followers. I just got the Vita too and it's cumbersome to hack but I'm willing to go through the hoops. I think it's a fantastic handheld needing some love hehe

I for one groaned at the difficulty of hacking the Vita but I enjoy what it offers.

13. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    At this point it does not seem like it is worth staying on a lower ps vita firmware just for psp mode unless you already have it setup.

Last edited by cvskid, Jun 21, 2016
  14. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Nah I actually updated to 3.60 because I didn't know about recovery mode and it said I had to update to reset and then you know it made me have to log into my friends account rip

15. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    I was able to restore without updating though and totally format my vita. I bought it 2nd hand so I had clear everything first.