3.4u to 4.0u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ecw, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ecw
    OP

ecw GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Just got a Wii that had 3.4u with HBC. I was told he first installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. using wad manger 1.1. Then using wad manager 1.3 installed cIOS247-v5fix-ppc_gba.wad, DVDc_247-nw7.wad, BackupLauncher0.3g+249+NeoRame.wad, Softchip v76, Discdumper, cIOS249-v7 & cIOS248-V7. All backups, Wiiware and VC played great.

I decided to update it the regular way and see what happened. After update completed, all backups, Wiiware & VC played great. I can still install Wads but I have to use Wad Manager 1.1. 1.3 gives a black screen and I have to reboot. (Why??) I had a Wiiware game on the menu prior to upgrade and tried to move it to SD card. It said it moved fine. When I tried to play the Wiiware game it said failed to launch. I fugured if the backups and things played fine, the new SD feature would work also. I read most of the threads but thought my issue was a bit different. How can I get the Wiiware games to load from the SD on the setup currently on this Wii? TIA

2. cthg

cthg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    READ

patch ios60

3. ecw
    OP

ecw GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. Maybe they'll make a "patched ios60 wad". (don't like the idea of a 45 minute wait to install/patch) Can anyone tell me why Wad Manager 1.3 doesn't work now but WM 1.1 does?

***Edit- Found a patched ios60wad. Based on the Wii's specs above, can I just install this to get the SD loading to work? Also, will WM 1.3 work after this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice