Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Ok... Let me get this straight:
1. If the Homebrew Channel is already installed, will homebrew still work? Yes, except DVDx and PatchMii.
2. Will Wiigator's Backup Loader still work? (If I already has his cIOS installed.) Yes. Some problems with the rebooter, perhaps.
3. Will Wads still be able to be installed? Yes, but only if you downgraded your other IOS or have a cIOS.
4. Which cIOS do I need installed, Wiigator's or Waninkoko's? Either one.

Note however that 3.4 may contain automatic updating which could disable these abilities in the future.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. I've updated my PAL Wii to 3.4E.

- No Custom Channels Were Removed
- Homebrew Channel Works.
- Some Apps don't work like Any Region Changer and Any Title Deleter (like what has happened in 3.3X, should be easy to fix).
- Shop Channel works fine (My Wii is set to Japan and loads the JPN Shop Channel).
- I can install WADs using WAD Manager 1.3 (it might be because the cIOS I installed wasn't affected).
- Wiigator (not the gamma version) seem to be working fine with the old cIOS (the one from the Oct 23rd Fix Guide).
- Zelda Twilight Save Hack can't be copied.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RadioShadow said:
- Zelda Twilight Save Hack can't be copied (although I thought of a way we could force it to load using Save Installer, I'll let you guys know if it works).

So virgin wii's still have no means of enabeling hb on their system.
But please go ahead and test. The more info we get the better.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work. I though I could extract the USA Zelda Hack (using Save Extractor) from my USA Wii and install it onto my PAL (using Save Installer) Wii. It said it copied it but the Wii itself prevented it from loading. Damn.

Although maybe it will work if I downgrade the IOSs?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe if you play for a while on the save hack (free slot) and then copy it to the SD before update and then copy it back to the Wii after you update, that way it doesn't seem like a hack, that's how make mine to display the Zelda icon on my saves, instead the "Hack USA" icon..!!
smile.gif

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
Didn't work. I though I could extract the USA Zelda Hack (using Save Extractor) from my USA Wii and install it onto my PAL (using Save Installer) Wii. It said it copied it but the Wii itself prevented it from loading. Damn.

I bet it's some sort of checksum/name check on the save file, personally.
Maybe changing the save icon and name would fix it, if possible?
I could be wrong, of course, but that would be the most likely way for them to check for it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RadioShadow said:

Maybe that's because you are using a NTSC-U save into a PAL Wii..??

ganonthesage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.
Question:
I haven't hacked my wii yet. Plan to as soon as I get my hands on Twilight Princess (16, have to go through parents). I'm running 3.3U (or whatever it was before this one) (cause I updated before I started checking out hacking)
SO my question is will I be able to put the TP hack on, get the Homebrew channel up, and then update, keeping my homebrew channel?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ganonthesage said:
Okay.
Question:
I haven't hacked my wii yet. Plan to as soon as I get my hands on Twilight Princess (16, have to go through parents). I'm running 3.3U (or whatever it was before this one) (cause I updated before I started checking out hacking)
SO my question is will I be able to put the TP hack on, get the Homebrew channel up, and then update, keeping my homebrew channel?

for the moment pause at where you at , no UPDATE for you if you have any chance to get homebrew going from where you are , give some time to DEV to do some work and results should posted shortly .

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Maybe if you play for a while on the save hack (free slot) and then copy it to the SD before update and then copy it back to the Wii after you update, that way it doesn't seem like a hack, that's how make mine to display the Zelda icon on my saves, instead the "Hack USA" icon..!!
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure that the save file would still be deleted, as the last update checked to see if 'ZELDATP.DAT' was the hacked version by Team Twiizers. This is Bushing's explanation of how they achieved the last workaround...

Wii menu TP-hack-killer analysis

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to install the custom installer for 3.4 with the mii channel and ios51 that has the removed custom channels on your wii removed without wifi????

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
junk_man32 said:
is there a way to install the custom installer for 3.4 with the mii channel and ios51 that has the removed custom channels on your wii removed without wifi????

hold on to your horses my friend , it will take some time to break the update and extract the needed data out of it and create solo installer .

ray11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Should i Update to 3.4?

Will wads still install?
Will ciso's still install?
And will game backups still work. i have wiigators 0.3 gramma version installed
And what about homebrew channel working?

If its still all works can i install it? .. or wait for a fix or something for the 3.4 fix

Thanks ..

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ray11 said:
So Should i Update to 3.4?

Will wads still install?
Will ciso's still install?
And will game backups still work. i have wiigators 0.3 gramma version installed
And what about homebrew channel working?

If its still all works can i install it? .. or wait for a fix or something for the 3.4 fix

Thanks ..

choice is yours really. i would wait and sit tight for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1