Hacking 3.4

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, 'll be updating my Wii to 3.4 (i'm un 3.2U) and see what happens. 'll let you know if it really kills all homebrew and backup loaders related or if i keep em.

Yeah, big risk, as 'll be using the principal reason i keep on using my Wii more than my PS3, specially for backup loader, but still, i'm planning on getting those game on retail. I only use it to see if the game iw worth buying (and most of the game i have download are worthfull)

'll post the resutl later today (its 9 am were i'm, so expect result for 6 pm GMT -7)

falcomainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJLopez said:
Well, 'll be updating my Wii to 3.4 (i'm un 3.2U) and see what happens. 'll let you know if it really kills all homebrew and backup loaders related or if i keep em.

Yeah, big risk, as 'll be using the principal reason i keep on using my Wii more than my PS3, specially for backup loader, but still, i'm planning on getting those game on retail. I only use it to see if the game iw worth buying (and most of the game i have download are worthfull)
jeeze your mad, but the information will certainly come in handy

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well my wii is broke so I can't update.
But is it prejudice the homebrew or not?
I'm reading the topic and some say that it just removed all wads that was installed on the wii and others said that it just keep well..

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Posted in "Blocking wii.com in router", but wanna ask here since a HELL of a lot more people are here...

if I block nus.cdn.shop.wii.com, does that also block the Shop Channel, or any other Wii online services, like WiFi games?

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If no-one has already mentioned it.... Tehskeen is reporting that there is a workaround available from the guys at SoftChip.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a dangerous update from nintendo for homebrew and they'll be sneaky to update your Wii Backstabbers forcing you to update how pathetic.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
borissaid said:
If no-one has already mentioned it.... Tehskeen is reporting that there is a workaround available from the guys at SoftChip.

True: Link is here:

http://www.softchip-mod.com/

But it's only a mod of tona’s IOS51 / Shop channel patchmii installer with the MiiChannel fix..they are working to exclude the automatic updating or breakage of the twilight hack...I will wait for cSM, and hope that it will have the "good" features from 3.4
biggrin.gif

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best advice I can give anyone is this:

Wait.

For those who want the mii channel update, or an early patch of IOS50, I uploaded the package. I'm staring at IDA just as hard as I can tracing through what the update does.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
auntnadia said:
mexiken said:
auntnadia said:
RickBruiser said:
Updated. I have a wiikey. Homebrew still works.

i think wiikey blocks updates anyway. i updated last time, but still can't use the shopping channel.

Thats not correct. I have the Wiikey (well the original one) and it does not block any updates. Up until a couple weeks ago when I installed the HBC, I've always updated with my chip, and never had a problem.

from the wiikey website: "[2008.11.11] Update v1.2 Released - Update Blocker Feature Added!

An Update Blocker feature has now been added to Wiikey 2 and is available as a DVD update in the resources section. By default, this new feature will block harmful other-region updates to your Wii, that are included in some games, but allow own-region updates. There is also a config option to block all updates regardless of region. "
No Wiikey v1 love?
frown.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
radionds said:
Well my wii is broke so I can't update.
But is it prejudice the homebrew or not?
I'm reading the topic and some say that it just removed all wads that was installed on the wii and others said that it just keep well..

Don't get caught in the hype too much. It varies. Some people did keep their homebrew channels and illicit VC/WW games.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jservs7 said:
auntnadia said:
mexiken said:
auntnadia said:
RickBruiser said:
Updated. I have a wiikey. Homebrew still works.

i think wiikey blocks updates anyway. i updated last time, but still can't use the shopping channel.

Thats not correct. I have the Wiikey (well the original one) and it does not block any updates. Up until a couple weeks ago when I installed the HBC, I've always updated with my chip, and never had a problem.

from the wiikey website: "[2008.11.11] Update v1.2 Released - Update Blocker Feature Added!

An Update Blocker feature has now been added to Wiikey 2 and is available as a DVD update in the resources section. By default, this new feature will block harmful other-region updates to your Wii, that are included in some games, but allow own-region updates. There is also a config option to block all updates regardless of region. "
No Wiikey v1 love?
frown.gif

IS THIS NOT ALREADY A FEATURE IN WIIKEY V1? (sorry for caps lol, cap lock was on)

update your wiikey to highest version you can (1.9s i think) and then burn a config disc for it. you can cycle through the config screen and have it block game disc updates.

abel09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, wat exactly does the 3.4 update do? miichannel new features? wiishop channel?menu? any new things? wii speak support??

DBGT7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
abel09 said:
so, wat exactly does the 3.4 update do? miichannel new features? wiishop channel?menu? any new things? wii speak support??

"According to the changes in the agreement form, the new firmware update will automatically remove modded save files. Not only that, but it also blocks the Twilight Hack version 0.1beta1. Not everything is gloom and doom though, it does really improve other features of the Wii. Here's what's new:

* USB keyboard support in Mii Channel
* Enhanced parental controls
* Twilight Hack version 0.1beta1 cannot be copied to the console.
* Improved SD card read/write speed
* Improved disc reading"

you can read more: http://wii.qj.net/Trouble-for-Wiibrew-Wii-...g/49/aid/126366

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully someone will find a way to implement the improved speeds in the sd cards without the negative features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?