Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
Diffusion said:
FGOD said:
which can be extracted from the games if you have the iso's on your hdd, so you first need to rip games to your hdd if you buy them to rip out the wad and install that wad so you can play them?
Nah. You can use the Wii to extract the updates from discs with a homebrew application. Then install the new things in the update with WAD manager.

i didn't know there was a app for that... can you give me a name/link? i never looked into the whole update/game things since i was too busy with wad injection...
Wii Update File Extractor (WUFE) by Nuke.

Patchanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
well i'm sorry but 90% of homebrew is by its very nature piracy lol.

1. emulators (not illegal).roms/bios's are so..errr piracy
2. backup loader...errrr piracy
3. homebrew apps that alter nintendo code...err piracy

That doesn't make "90% of homebrew"... And, as you said, emulators are not illegal. Roms and bios are not homebrew.

QUOTE said:
now let me see what homebrew does that leave..errr not a lot..the odd 1 or 2 games like tetris oh no hang on tetris is copyrighted so piracy..that leaves small games like operation..oh hang on operation is copyrighted by mb games so err piracy again..i think you get the picture..
everyone seems to be confusing things..virtualy everything conected to the homebrew channel is piracy wether marcan likes it or not..just becuase wii iso's are current doesnt make them any more illegal to own/download than a copy of final fantasy 1 nes rom at 1mb..in the eyes of the law they are illegal as each other..

Media players, WiiLinux, utilities like GeckoOS (the original one, not the "BL version") and WiiPaint, homebrew games (there's A LOT of them that are not "copyrighted" in any form)... You have to visit WiiBrew more often.

if you dont want piracy then stop doing anything at all with the future of homebrew channel as its main if not only purpose is for piracy/copyright theft on some level or another

Sorry for the harsh words, but don't act as if you are stupid. I'm sure you are not.
lecture.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Diffusion said:
FGOD said:
Diffusion said:
FGOD said:
which can be extracted from the games if you have the iso's on your hdd, so you first need to rip games to your hdd if you buy them to rip out the wad and install that wad so you can play them?
Nah. You can use the Wii to extract the updates from discs with a homebrew application. Then install the new things in the update with WAD manager.

i didn't know there was a app for that... can you give me a name/link? i never looked into the whole update/game things since i was too busy with wad injection...
Wii Update File Extractor (WUFE) by Nuke.

thx, downloading it now, that would leave me much better off :-)

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they arent harsh words it was a statement lol..i certainly aint stupid..i actualy have a bachelors but i aint bragging lol..
all i was saying is if you dont want to fascilitate piracy then think about not developing homebrew channel at all..its not soemthing id ever want to see and really hope it continues it was a statement in response to the no piracy argument..

also emulators arent illegal but the bios/roms that are needed are highly illegal..and as we all know emulators are great fun with no bios or roms lol..i could while away many an hour staring at a blank screen but thats just me..and media players are fine although they fascilitate piracy by being able to play downloaded mp3 and burnt dvd's so should be classed as evil as backup launcher. and gecko's alters nintendo code so might not be piracy but borders on copyright infringement.
in fact everything to do with the homebrew channel is evil and should be banished to nintendo hell
in fact while we are at it lets do something about libraries. as we all know these are places where word sharers hang out..reading books they never actualy pay for..they should all be shot along with wii users who have homebrew channel installed and all users who have listened to an mp3 they never paid for or watched a film they never paid for or played a game they never owned and all those people who can type BOOBLESS on an upside down calculator and call themselves coders.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like watching people fight saying marcan is a hypocrite.I'm pretty sure though that marcan has had illegal backups though.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys step up to the plate. If your real serious about homebrew, Pirate etc etc. Buy you another Wii. Keep one legit one and have another just for Homebrew. This worry about the next up etc etc is almost ridiculous. If you can't afford another Wii then keep on playing the game.

D

Deleted User

hetster said:
they arent harsh words it was a statement lol..i certainly aint stupid..i actualy have a bachelors but i aint bragging lol..
all i was saying is if you dont want to fascilitate piracy then think about not developing homebrew channel at all..its not soemthing id ever want to see and really hope it continues it was a statement in response to the no piracy argument..

also emulators arent illegal but the bios/roms that are needed are highly illegal..and as we all know emulators are great fun with no bios or roms lol..i could while away many an hour staring at a blank screen but thats just me..and media players are fine although they fascilitate piracy by being able to play downloaded mp3 and burnt dvd's so should be classed as evil as backup launcher. and gecko's alters nintendo code so might not be piracy but borders on copyright infringement.
in fact everything to do with the homebrew channel is evil and should be banished to nintendo hell
in fact while we are at it lets do something about libraries. as we all know these are places where word sharers hang out..reading books they never actualy pay for..they should all be shot along with wii users who have homebrew channel installed and all users who have listened to an mp3 they never paid for or watched a film they never paid for or played a game they never owned and all those people who can type BOOBLESS on an upside down calculator and call themselves coders.

Lol...
Most of that is true, however different countries have different laws. For example here in Australia, it is legal to have a mod chip installed and it is legal to have backup copies of games that you own. I'm not sure, but i think Homebrew is also legal, as it is not in breach of any copyright (although it may be in breach of Nintendo's UELA, I'm not actually sure if theres any law that prohibits altering a system) and it is the creators own work.

Also...does this update stop me from installing homebrew channel, even if my wii is chipped?

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
technically owning backup copies of Wii games IS illegal in Australia

you actually cannot make a true 1:1 copy of retail wii games
- your copy will work with a modchip or backuploader but it is NOT
a true 1:1 copy of your game

to have a legal backup you must be capable to making a true 1:1 copy
of your wii game and own the original from which you made the copy

as far as i know the only people i am aware of who can make a true 1:1
copy of retail wii games are Datel - thats how their discs boot in unmodified
wii consoles

SHREDMAN

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
I'm pretty sure though that marcan has had illegal backups though.
lol, more than likely
djydynamite123, I realize you feel compelled to make every post on this forum you possibly can. I don't pretend to know or guess the reason you absolutely have to voice your agreement or disagreement with every post anyone else makes in here. Still, allow me a word of advice: You should, from time to time, seriously consider taking a step back, switching on your brain for a split-second, and actually THINK about what you are typing and whether it is worth saying it just to make yet another post. And maybe, just maybe, skip a post in which you publicly accuse people you don't know of doing illegal things. Thank you.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
If Marcan was god then BootMii would have been released already. Evidently he is not god. In fact, he is nothing more than a coder that is struggling for attention. If he is all about anti-piracy, etc. then he would play his Wii just like it was from the factory and use his PC exclusively for his coding. I don't think Mr. Nintendo gave him any more permission than he did with the pirates. One word to wrap up, Marcan.
Hypocrite. He mentioned there were 2 groups, the pirates and the clueless. Which one did he decide to fall into? I have no respect for his social skills, he tends to be the Wii Scene Drama Queen. I do have respect for his skills as a coder, but those double lives he leads will result in him only remaining the lonely, sad person he is... Sometimes the truth hurts. I only tell it like I see it.

Marcan, I know you don't know me... but you need to lighten up with your anti-piracy bullshit, because you will never win anyone's respect that way. Each individual has his own rights, choice, volition. Not you. So stop judging everyone else's behavior and judge your own. Because really no one really cares what you think about the others. Truth be known, they just want to see your gift. I may be the only one to admit that. Stop focusing on the small stuff and look at the big picture and you will rise further and the applause you are looking for will happen automatically.

By the way... I am in that group that starts with a P. (Noticed it capitalized?) I am 36 years old and have been one since I was 14. I reside on the unsinkable.

Although I know Marcan wasn't really trying to talk down to pirates, this is sorta true. I respect Marcan greatly, though personally I don't like his approach to certain things, I mean If I'm correct Bootmii is as good as Hacking can get, so timing isn't really need as long as Nintendo can't update upon you.

Anyways, The only reason I say what I what quoted is true is because there seems to be the perception on this forums that Pirates are scum, I mean the name is already pretty scummy. Think about it, There are always two sides, and reasons for what we do. Just like an armed robber isn't particulary effed up in the head either, When it comes the point where you CAN'T get what you want playing it by the rules, you work harder to get it, even if it means not playing by the rules. Seriously, do you guys think Hacking the wii, adding all this stuff, buying blank dvds, risking damage, buying SD cards, Adapters, and other things are really that much easier than the "safe" alternative? Piracy is basically the same thing as playing it safe but for less money but more frustrations and work. We arn't scum, we are just people trying to make ends meet by any means.

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
We arn't scum, we are just people trying to make ends meet by any means.
Thank you. I've been waiting quite some time for someone to make the only valid case for copyright infringement: Basic needs - food, clothing, shelter, and video games!

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I'm gonna ask now, has nothing to with this, but this is still a topiic about the update.

Some people say you're Wii will be updated automatically, and others say that"s only AFTER the 3.4 update.
It starts to confuse me...
So can anyone answer this question:

I've got 3.2E, and I enable WC24, will my Wii be updated to 3.4E?
YES or NO?

Sorry if I'm a pain in the ass, but al the different theories are confusing me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw