Hacking 3.2 Upgrading to 4.1 + Question

SumAznGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, Trying again because no one responded when i posted this in the Noob Paradise thread
unsure.gif

Since there's a few new games coming out and i can't be bothered installing each individual missing IOS, i wish to upgrade to 4.1. I have a 3.2U wii which was originally home-brewed with EmperorOfCanada's Gamma Guide(Really old, i know) + IOS 38,53,55 and i've already made a NAND back-up(Oh yeah, i have Bootmii as boot2). I have a few questions:

1: Since cIOS38 rev14 apparently has a bug that stops DL discs(SSBB in my case, a retail copy) from working, which cIOS38 revision should i use?
2: Do i have to run the Trucha Bug Restorer or not?
3: To update to 4.1, i have to use Waninkoko's 4.0 updater then his 4.1 updater in that order correct?
4: Should i update by WAD manager to 1.5?
5: If i use StartPatch 4.1 for disc update blocking, i don't require preloader at all correct?

I think that's all the questions i have at the moment
wink2.gif
Thanks to anyone who answers my questions.

SumAznGuy

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1: I thought rev13b
2: I don't think so, you've already softmodded your wii (I used the same guide) and installed a cIOS, so you should be fine. (I never used that program
tongue.gif
)
3: not quite sure, but yes, to be safe
wink.gif

4: not necessarily, I still use the 1.2 one that came with the EmperorOfCanada's package
wink.gif

5: no, incorrect. Startpatch only enables certain safety hacks, but for somewhat-brick-protection, you should at least install preloader ... I know you have bootmii as boot2, but everyone says you should have both bootmii and preloader

good luck

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SumAznGuy said:
Hey all, Trying again because no one responded when i posted this in the Noob Paradise thread
unsure.gif

Since there's a few new games coming out and i can't be bothered installing each individual missing IOS, i wish to upgrade to 4.1. I have a 3.2U wii which was originally home-brewed with EmperorOfCanada's Gamma Guide(Really old, i know) + IOS 38,53,55 and i've already made a NAND back-up(Oh yeah, i have Bootmii as boot2). I have a few questions:

1: Since cIOS38 rev14 apparently has a bug that stops DL discs(SSBB in my case, a retail copy) from working, which cIOS38 revision should i use?
2: Do i have to run the Trucha Bug Restorer or not?
3: To update to 4.1, i have to use Waninkoko's 4.0 updater then his 4.1 updater in that order correct?
4: Should i update by WAD manager to 1.5?
5: If i use StartPatch 4.1 for disc update blocking, i don't require preloader at all correct?

I think that's all the questions i have at the moment
wink2.gif
Thanks to anyone who answers my questions.

SumAznGuy
1. rev 10-14 your choice. i use 14
2. If you update via Nintendo the yes.
3. yes to properly update the IOS's as well.
3 use 1.4 because the NAND emulator is not completely ready yet.
4. preloader offers more brick protection and hacks while startpatch just provides the hacks. go with preloader.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) You can stick with rev14 and use 222/223 for problematic games.
2.) You'll need to run some sort of trucha restore after updating.
3.) That's correct.
4.) Wad Manager 1.5 introduces nand emulation. It's not necessary, but might as well.
5.) Since you have BootMii on boot2, preloader isn't really required, but doesn't hurt. I personally use Preloader simply for autobooting .dol files over my system menu.

I'd suggest you follow this guide to get your system up to 4.1. The guide also walks you through hermes 222/223. It also sets you up with what's needed to run USB Loaders, which are well worth the investment. Good luck!

SumAznGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies. Now for more questions(I knew this was going to happen =/)

I wish to upgrade to neogamma to run my disc backups(I don't have any available External hard drives to use a USB loader) but i ran across this in the neogamma thread:
- the rebooter is not compatible with preloader
- the rebooter only works for cIOS up to rev7 and in rev14+

Does that mean that i can or can not use the rebooter if i use rev13a/b + preloader? I like using the rebooter rather than directly booting into a game(It's just me...i dunno). I know this is a rather noob question but yeah....

SumAznGuy

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why cant we update using nintendo system update? Will this brick? (I am also on 3.2U). I was thinking of upgrading to 4.1 and I thought the HBC and cios249 rev14 would stay intact and I could just restore trucha on needed IOS, am i wrong?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ringorinfret said:
Why cant we update using nintendo system update? Will this brick? (I am also on 3.2U). I was thinking of upgrading to 4.1 and I thought the HBC and cios249 rev14 would stay intact and I could just restore trucha on needed IOS, am i wrong?
yea just follow my guide after you update to 4.1 to get the trucha bug back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-