Hacking 3.2 ---> 4.0 Help

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start, I am not a noob. I have had the twilight hack for a while. I use homebrew channel a lot and know what it is. I want to know how I can upgrade to 4.0 with my homebrew channel still installed. I am on 3.2U and I am not sure what cIOS is much but I upgraded it or something when I installed backup loader 0.3 gamma for my broken Wii Music.

I have homebrew channel already and all the tutorials I went too tell me to download it. Can someone explain how to go to 4.0 from here? Do I upgrade normally?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First install the cIOS_r10, then delete Gamma 0.3 from your SD card (and channel if you have), and download NeoGamma (latest revision released), and finally search for a tool called "Waninkoko's 4.0 Upgrader" (or 4.1 if you want), and you just need to patch IOS60 to allow fakesigned channels to run normally....!!
smile.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KushiRules said:
Before I start, I am not a noob. I have had the twilight hack for a while. I use homebrew channel a lot and know what it is. I want to know how I can upgrade to 4.0 with my homebrew channel still installed. I am on 3.2U and I am not sure what cIOS is much but I upgraded it or something when I installed backup loader 0.3 gamma for my broken Wii Music.

I have homebrew channel already and all the tutorials I went too tell me to download it. Can someone explain how to go to 4.0 from here? Do I upgrade normally?

Try searching next time before you post.

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-40

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
honeypa said:
KushiRules said:

Try searching next time before you post.

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-40

Please don't flame......just help..!!
wink2.gif

KushiRules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
First install the cIOS_r10, then delete Gamma 0.3 from your SD card (and channel if you have), and download NeoGamma (latest revision released), and finally search for a tool called "Waninkoko's 4.0 Upgrader" (or 4.1 if you want), and you just need to patch IOS60 to allow fakesigned channels to run normally....!!
smile.gif

Thanks...Ill try this. Whats the point of deleting the gamma?? Should I delete everything on the sd

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liar.
tongue.gif

But yes use Waninkoko's updated rather than Nintendo's. Using the Nintendo updater will add additional steps to the process as it will patch stuff you don't want it to touch.

Here's a link to NeoGamma R6 which is the newest version of the loader. IT has numerous bugfixes since version 3 and can handle IOS reloading games much better.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
sl33p said:
Liar.
tongue.gif

But yes use Waninkoko's updated rather than Nintendo's. Using the Nintendo updater will add additional steps to the process as it will patch stuff you don't want it to touch.

The latest 4.1 Nintendo update does nothing to a modded Wii if your already on 4.0. Except remove preloader.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WalkerOfTheDay said:
dkmaster said:
Will starfall work after the upgrade?

No. Install preloader...
Or install bootmii ?

I'm in a situation simular to KushiRules.
I've got a good old v3.3v1 with HBC and gamma installed and I'd like to give my Wii a refresh. And as I didn't followed the scene news for a while I'm a little lost :s.
I've heard Waninkoko updater was bad (from twiizer guys, ... yeah I know ...) and I'd like to know the exact difference between an official update and an update via waninkoko updater. I know there is IOS60 that is patched to introduce trucha's bug again, but anything else ?

I'd like to replace my gamma loader with a new one (for ex neogamma) and I'd like to try a USB loader but again, it's such a mess, there are so much loaders and so much cIOSes (rev9, rev10, rev11, rev12, rev13, rev13b) that I'm totally lost, there ara so much combination possible...
For cIOSes i've been told some work better than other and the new ones are sometime worser than the ones before.

I don't want to use CIOSCORP at all, because I don't want to patch all my IOSes, I'd like to mod my Wii with the less changes possible.
Nevertheless, I think I'll try bootmii
tongue.gif
So the big question are :
What USB Loader should I use ?
What cIOS should I use ?
Is it really safe (for my Wii) to use Wanin updater ?
Is it possible to install side by side an USB loader and a 'classic' Disc Loader and use one or an other easily ? Will the IOS be compatible ?
What Windows USB Manager should I use ?

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ConJ said:
Personally id use USBLoader GX, cIOS rev13a (it has the best compatability at the moment)

If you follow this guide - http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178 all should work fine.

If you already have the HBC installed you can skip steps 2 -7.

And yes, you can have a USBLoader, and a Backup disc loader both installed.
Since I'd like to have bootmii also, I can do the first steps, but since I already have HBC and DVDx (old versions), will it conflict with hackmii installer ?
What's the thing with IOS15 ? (there are downgrade and restore of it in the guide)
I though new cIOS used IOS38 instead of IOS36 (since rev11 or rev12 it's on the name of cIOS), is it really true ? If it is, why using IOS36 for patching ?
There's no mention to upgrade to 4 (or 4.1) so I should do this by myself, is it really important to use wanin' updater or will using official update do the job ? (I already have HBC, DVDx, gamma and softchip, so I don't want the update to brick the wii because of it)

(Sorry to bother with these newbish questions, but I really want to modify the least possible things on my Wii so I want to understand every part of this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol