2DS XL crashing randomly

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Androidian, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Androidian
    OP

Androidian GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2018
    Canada
    So, I've got it downloaded and running, but then what do I do? flash a stock CTRnand? 'Cause I don't see any options to fix the 3DS firmware unless it's somewhere obvious, again.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Post #18,
    If you were planning to skip steps 1-4 and go straight to step 5, I insist at the minimum you at least do step 1.

3. Androidian
    OP

Sep 15, 2018
    Canada
    Sorry for the late response, bad internet.

Anyways, I backed up the borked NAND and restored a fresh one and the crashing went away. So, I understand that I have to use the script, but what option in the script? I've already restored the borked one to retain settings.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Instructions in performing CTRTransfer with the script, CTRTransfer (Type D9).

5. Androidian
    OP

Sep 15, 2018
    Canada
    So, I did the transfer, reinstalled everything, but I got one random crash from it bumping my leg.
    Also, the volume slider broke somehow. Idk how it happened, but it did.

Should I just buy an entirely new 2DS? this one seems like a lost cause at this point.

Last edited by Androidian, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:00 PM
  6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    This reminds of someone who had a n2DSXL where his would either shut off or crash when angling his top screen at a certain way or (bumping?) it.

Due to a design flaw, his solution was to tape his certain flex cable. Finding his thread from the GBAtemp search bar eludes me atm.

DIY fix: N2DS XL Volume Slider Repair

or

wiigotem: [eBay] Nintendo 2DS XL Game Console/System Repair Service,Game Slot.Top LCD & More

No. Not another n2DSXL. If you're going to replace it, get a n3DSXL instead.

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Ah, found the thread.
    Here's the cable that's being referred to,

With the n2DSXL turned on with HOME Menu running in the background,
    Give your n2DSXL a minor slap to the under* side (battery / lower half), or lightly tap the bottom corners against your knee. If the n2DSXL crashes, it's definitely a hardware issue.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Nov 9, 2019 at 11:15 PM
  8. Androidian
    OP

Sep 15, 2018
    Canada
    Again, sorry for the super late reply. The 2DS ran perfectly fine with the hit on the knee and the back. I was wondering, What about ReiSix CFW? I know it hasn't been worked on in years, but would it work? would it fix the crashes?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted