2DS Questions.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jailminer, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jailminer
    OP

jailminer Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    So recently I downgraded my o3ds 10.5 to 9.2 (USA) and got emunand. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing, and I am surprised I didn't result in a brick. The thing is, my brother is getting a 2DS on Wednesday, and I told him i could downgrade and crap. I want to teach him about emunand, and how if i do it right, he wont get a brick. I have a list of questions I need to ask, so I can do this for him.
    • Where is a guide for a 2DS downgrade on 10.5?
    • Can i update his emunand to 10.6 so he can use the youtube and eshop and still play downloaded (FBI installed) cia's while his legit firmware is still on 9.2? If so, how?
    • Chances of a brick?
    • Things I should tell him not to do?
    Thanks.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The 2DS functions the same as O3DS.

3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    just don't forget to never downgrade lower than 9.2 because 2DS suport ...

4. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    That's more of a problem with the N3ds. I mean the 2ds and the O3ds can both downgrade to 2.1 using the same instructions. But yeah. It usually isn't recommended.

Sliter likes this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Fixed. Other than that, it's the same as the O3DS.

Sliter likes this.
  6. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Try hitting System Format on a 2.1 2DS and see how far you get. xD "3D Screen Check"

7. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I mean that's a given but everything else is [probably] fine. I'm not saying the 2ds is the same in every possible way to the 3ds, I'm saying they're similar.

8. StealthSock

StealthSock Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2004
    United States
    I followed this guide to install CFW on my 2DS: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Part of the guide (section 4) involves flashing your Sysnand to 2.1 so you can dump your OTP, even if you have a 2DS. The 3D Screen Check is only an issue if 2.1 has to run initial setup, but the guide directs you to run through setup before you downgrade.