Hardware 2DS power problem

fireguy85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My kid likes to drop her 2DS a lot apparently and now it won't power on. The charging light comes on when it is plugged in, but the blue power LED only ever comes on (if it does at all) for a split second and the LCDs don't come on.

I took it apart and the RF shielding is completely disconnected.. Is this likely my problem or should I be looking elsewhere. I don't really have a small enough solder tip to put it back on either..

Any ideas?

This 2DS is A9HL'd and the SD card is in and contains all necessary files. I actually thought she wiped the card at first somehow..

EDIT: Well, I electrical taped the shield into place for now and readjusted the ribbon cables in the center of the mobo and it works for now..

Last edited by fireguy85,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I had the same thing happen with my 2DS. How is that fix holding up for you? Because mine worked like that for a while but now I can't turn it on when it's charging, it freezes when it's on and I plug the charger in and when I fully charge it the 2DS won't boot and I have to do a 9.2.0-20 crt transfer in order for it to boot again. I've tried resoldering the plate back to the mobo but even after cleaning up the contacts and using flux it still won't stick.

Can anyone help a dude out? I've been on this for over a week straight.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-