2DS and Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DCXPIG, Oct 28, 2013.

1. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Hi everyone, been a quick minute since I've been around but wanting to know if there is any luck with a 2DS and a Gateway card setup? Having trouble finding a true answer. Thanks much!

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    what fw is on the 2ds
    if over the needed fw for gateway
    you need to wait
    for a gateway to maybe find a way to make it work on newer FW

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    AFAIK currently the 2DS comes with a firmware that is higher than the one Gateway supports, so no, it won't work until Gateway adds 5/6.x support (which can take literally any amount of time)

4. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

I was wondering that same thing i've searched for youtube vids there hasn't been a straight answer.

5. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Thanks guys, yeah.. I was afraid of that. My wife updated the red 3DS XL we own and now I'm sol... I didn't purchase a 2DS but was really tempted although you've also saved me from that for the moment!

6. ortegoli

ortegoli Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    i think you cant use gateway on 2ds because 2ds have newer version and gateway cant support that

7. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    You can always get another XL, the newer versions (black/pokemon edition) likely will be above 4.5 but the older ones most likely aren't.

8. JohnnyBlaze1986

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Banned
    Aug 10, 2009
    United States
    Your mother's bedroom
    The 2DS that I have came with 6.0.0 firmware, so no chance of Gateway working on there.

9. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    How do you like the console Jobber? Redkeyboard.. I'm contemplating sinking the funds into another 3DS however might just wait and see what happens. Recently bought a Wikipad that I'm enjoying but I still regularly hit up my DSXLi Mario Red, almost a rebirthing every now and again. I feel like a e-hoarder, trying to break that habit a bit!

10. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Sucks on any game where you gotta use the touch screen alot and have to switch back and forth with the buttons on the right.

11. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, was afraid of that. Build wise I assume it feels the same with controls and buttons though?