Hacking 2Ds 7.2 and Gateway

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few users in here were reporting that Gateway 3DS on 2DS was unusable. Were a few updates deep since the first release of 3.0, OP please report back and tell us if your Gateway cart works well on your 2DS :yaysp:

To build off of this, do NOT attempt to downgrade your 2DS. It does not support 4.x firmware and will brick.

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few users in here were reporting that Gateway 3DS on 2DS was unusable. Were a few updates deep since the first release of 3.0, OP please report back and tell us if your Gateway cart works well on your 2DS

Just tested today. GATEWAY ULTRA 3.1.1 PUBLIC BETA, Works fine on my 2Ds on 7.2. My backups work fine but Smash Bros locks the system up and I cannot play it. I did not yet try emuNAND as I'm not 100% sure how.

rfire90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested today. GATEWAY ULTRA 3.1.1 PUBLIC BETA, Works fine on my 2Ds on 7.2. My backups work fine but Smash Bros locks the system up and I cannot play it. I did not yet try emuNAND as I'm not 100% sure how.
Super Smash Bros requires 8.1, so you should probably use emunand to get the higher firmware. However, GW hasn't released emunand support for 9.6 so you can't update right now.

rfire90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way would be to use a legit game to update your sysnand to anything from 8.1 to 9.2, then make emunand and it will have the same firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1