:/

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10:30 last night, we get a call from the hospital in Saskatchewan (where I'm going to be moving to). A nurse there tells us that my brother has been in an accident and that he was in surgery for over 5 hours. Now, don't worry, he isn't dead.

He was in an accident at work, he works with power lines and what not. And he was working on the ground lines. And for some reason, the company he works for, sent him out by himself. Anyways, he goes to open the box, and somebody forgot to turn the pressure off for one of the lines. The hose blew up with over 2000 pounds of pressure, and whipped my brother in the face. Broken cheek bone, concussion, eye severely damaged, and he was laying there unconscious for around 30 minutes. When the company found him, he was laying in a puddle of blood.

He got to the hospital, had surgery, and they're not entirely sure if he's going to lose his eye. He has no brain damage or is paralyzed or anything, don't know if he'll have vision problems though. He's going to be frozen and stoned for the next couple days so he doesn't feel the pain. I mean, he isn't dead, just the worse could be is he'll lose his eye, and frankly, I think our family will accept him losing an eye and not him being dead or paralyzed.

It's still scary though. The company he works for is going to be in a lot of trouble. As the person who was supposed to set up that area for my brother to work on, didn't shut the pressure off, and the company sent him out by himself. He COULD have been dead with the amount of blood he lost. Workers Compensation Board is definitely going to get involved, and my brother is going to sue the company too.

azntiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scary thought, wonder why the company would send him by himself.
Hope he gets better. And losing an eye is better than losing his life.
Hope for the best for you and your family. :\

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, they just got to wait a couple more days to find out what the damage report is. Hopefully he doesn't lose his eye.

And yeah, that's what we're all wondering, why the company would send him out by himself. Incidents like that happens, my brother gets knocked out cold, and there's nobody around for a while. It's bullshit.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Damm losing an eye most be horrible
frown.gif
loosing deep seeing and not being able to see the 3D effects on the 3DS.
I hope he get better soon and not lose his eye.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
frown.gif

Really dude? Who gives a shit about the 3DS at this point in time.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ShadowSoldier said:
CrimzonEyed said:
frown.gif

Calm down, I know how it feel to be "waiting" in these moments. Stick with your family then =)

I`ll pray for him tonight.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
CrimzonEyed said:
frown.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth ShadowSoldier. I am sure videogames are the last thought on someones mind when they are in a situation like this.

Anyway, I hope you brother had a speedy recovery and will be back to perfect health soon. I am glad he has family reasonably close by.
smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
CrimzonEyed said:
frown.gif

I do, but then again I don't have my brother in the hospital. My condolences, whatever they're worth, go out to your family... Hopefully that company will answer for the incident.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We just got an update. His nose is broken, he will probably have vision problems, and he needs plastic surgery. The company he works for better be expecting some trouble coming their way.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
Hope they compensate adequately.

WCB (Workers Compensation Board) is making them pay. They're doing an investigation. And my brother is suing them. And he has legit reasons.

1: Someone was supposed to turn the pressure off so he could get at the hose without any danger. Somebody didn't, and they didn't inform my brother.

2: My brother is only an apprentice, meaning he's still in training. The company sent him out by himself without the supervision of a trainer.

So 2 parties are at fault here. And now my brother can't see out of his eye (the one that got hit and required surgery). So his whole life is going to take a turn. Because of people not taking their job seriously or being careless/reckless, my brother received the worst of it. It's a miracle that he didn't end up with brain trauma or was paralyzed considering how long he was out there by himself for unconscious, and where the hose hit him. All I know is the company he worked for, is going to be paying out a hefty sum because of a lawsuit, and them having to pay out fines and penalties from WCB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo