vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMFG my friend was going on about this heres the story

my friend dan is a gymnast and my other friend chris said that he will die in the 2012 Olympics LOL, so chris said to dan that dan would have to come with him to Australia LOL with chris's friend JOHNNY who can apparently read minds LOL and he thinks that the sun or a comet will pass too close to the earth melting thoe ice caps and causing global flooding (OH KNOW MY Wii) lol, once i tried to look some of this shit up on his computer and he rammed me off the chair saying that people will come for him.
anyway he has stopped all of this now (thank Christ) i think it was just this johnny guy putting ideas in his head

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stop! 2012 was NOT the end of world! It's the fact that the world won't destroy in 2012. However, there is global warming! The ice of the Arctic will fully melt in 2015, why? Because the ice starts melting faster! Global warming will make what's happening to the Earth. The Earth starts to warm!

Maz7006 said:
2. Destroy Toni's love for antonkan ... j/k

What?! Are you kidding me?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The reason many people think it will end in 2012 is cause the seems to be a meteor headed for earth and it will hit us in 2012. But there is no evidence for it.

antonkan said:
Stop! 2012 was NOT the end of world! It's the fact that the world won't destroy in 2012. However, there is global warming! The ice of the Arctic will fully melt in 2015, why? Because the ice starts melting faster! Global warming will make what's happening to the Earth. The Earth starts to warm!
Global heating will result in a new ICE age. When the Poles melt, the water they will bring in the oceans will slow down the Gulf stream. Like that the warm water of warm lands won't reach us and thus we (USA and Europe) will get into an Iceage. Don't take it to serious. It will only be a little one.

Maz7006 said:
2. Destroy Toni's love for antonkan ... j/k

What?! Are you kidding me?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some of you people not know, that we follow the Mayans calender? There are 365 steps on their temple leading up to the top, and there are 365 days in a year. I'm pretty much sure the whole world goes by their calendar.

I personally believe in this 2012. Not only do I believe, but I also want the end to come. This world needs a good clean wipe of all humanity and just start over fresh. We all become new people. But that pretty much sounds like re-incarnation, which is religious, and I hate religion, so I don't know how to explain it.

I mean, just look at the world now. It's going to end either way due to all this global warming. I think now is the preview is what to come, but 40 times worse. These times right now could possibly be showing us the end.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well actually the meteor is predicted to pass us but it will be the second biggest recorded object to pass by earth
but i mean come on think about it if this is the second biggest recorded object to pass by us then a bigger on has already passed us and no end of the earth then so i dont think so

sorry to burst your global warming bubble there brain but global warming is a natural occurrence, volcanoes produce ton upon tons more c02 then we do and it is suspected that all we are doing is speeding up the process not causing it(although we should stop with fossil fuels and all that noise
tongue.gif
)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a load of nonsense and just a way for some people to cash in on the scare mongering. If you do more research you'd also see the Mayan's celebrated an end of a cycle not feared it or anything.

As for a meteorite or asteroid hitting Earth, that's unlikely also from the date that has been floating around.
Asteroid Toutatis that is to pass by on December 12, 2012, will be around 4,306,642 Mi away from the Earth, to put that into perspective the moon is about 238,900 miles apart from the Earth.
rolleyes.gif

As for magnetic fields that is something that is supposed to happen gradually, not in a split second kind of thing.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe it, I am a scientist duuuuuude. How the hell can they predict this meteor will hit us...if it's not even visible.

I will personally Make a bet of £1000000 to anyone, that the world will not end in 2012...how can I lose? Win/Win

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking what happened was that after the Mayans were destroyed as a civilization, some people came along, took a look at their calender, and said, "Hey! This calendar ends on the year 2012! What could this possibly mean...?", and just never considered that they just didn't finish the calendar because they were too busy getting pwned.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
I'm thinking what happened was that after the Mayans were destroyed as a civilization, some people came along, took a look at their calender, and said, "Hey! This calendar ends on the year 2012! What could this possibly mean...?", and just never considered that they just didn't finish the calendar because they were too busy getting pwned.

Very nice xD I can believe that.

What I don't get is how they supposedly predicted a whole load of stuff which came true (including the internet might I add) and the Bible is also saying stuff about 2012 and saying that humanity will ascend to a new level. But I believe it's based off the mayan calendar which is evidence enough for me to say I don't believe in the Bible atleast.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeadLocked said:
Cablephish said:

Very nice xD I can believe that.

What I don't get is how they supposedly predicted a whole load of stuff which came true (including the internet might I add) and the Bible is also saying stuff about 2012 and saying that humanity will ascend to a new level. But I believe it's based off the mayan calendar which is evidence enough for me to say I don't believe in the Bible atleast.

That's because Religious people are a bunch of copy cats.

QUOTE(DeadLocked @ Jul 17 2009, 05:44 PM)
I don't believe it, I am a scientist duuuuuude. How the hell can they predict this meteor will hit us...if it's not even visible.

I will personally Make a bet of £1000000 to anyone, that the world will not end in 2012...how can I lose? Win/Win

I'll have skimmed your credit card a year before 2012, and went on a shopping spree in Canada.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
Since I am Catholic, it says in the bible the end of the world is the 2nd Judgment Day when Jesus and God come to Earth. I am suppose to believe that when that day comes, that'll be the end of the world[...]

completely off topic - Why don't people think this way: "Since I believe X, then I am Y".

On topic: No, it won't be the end of the world. We'd be shit ass lucky to behold such event. Still, not like it matters- We're not THAT important.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maktub said:
Splych said:
Since I am Catholic, it says in the bible the end of the world is the 2nd Judgment Day when Jesus and God come to Earth. I am suppose to believe that when that day comes, that'll be the end of the world[...]

completely off topic - Why don't people think this way: "Since I believe X, then I am Y".

On topic: No, it won't be the end of the world. We'd be shit ass lucky to behold such event. Still, not like it matters- We're not THAT important.

I envy your perspective on human beings.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find it funny, because the doomsday theory of the Mayan calender is complete crap. There are 4 more tiers to the Mayan calender that cannot be determined because of lack of knowledge and proof. To our knowledge, the fith largest cycle will end in 2012, however this is only one cycle. The fourth largest cycle is comprised of an unknown number of completions of the fith cycle, the third largest cycle is comprised of an unkown number of completions of the fourth cycle and so on. Not until the largest cycle is completed would an unkown date come, but assuming one cycle is comprised of 20 of the last cycle (The smaller ones are either of 20 or 18), the 2nd largest cycle will complete in 7.942125803095372791152958133193e+41266 years. --My calculator can't go any higher to find out when the largest cycle will be completed.

For those that don't understand what e means, the answer is 7.94213x10^41264

Edit: Also, as for a meteor, we'd be able to see it and do something about it. Actually nevermind on that, if it were moving at a ridiculous speed we'd probably be screwed.

I used Wikipedia for the numbers, I can't find my text book right now.

V!olaPlayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it. The Mayan way, anyway. I'm also Catholic, and yeah, maybe the 2nd judgement will come, but don't stress about it! Just live your life. Have fun. Be close to those whom you love, and cherish their lives. It's all about being happy. Build something in your backyard, I don't know. Just be content. =]

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
V!olaPlayer said:
I don't believe it. The Mayan way, anyway. I'm also Catholic, and yeah, maybe the 2nd judgement will come, but don't stress about it! Just live your life. Have fun. Be close to those whom you love, and cherish their lives. It's all about being happy. Build something in your backyard, I don't know. Just be content. =]
That's what all my Catholic friends tell me too.

By the way, I used to play viola too, until I got to High School. It wasn't that fun

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the second judgement will happen in 3 years, people are just panicking and speculating for no reason and need a little reassurance that they will not die in December 2012.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom