2 TB HDD for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RyanTHEdestroyer, Apr 27, 2015.

1. RyanTHEdestroyer
    OP

RyanTHEdestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    United States
    Hello. I got a new 2 TB hdd. I remember reading somewhere that 1tb is the biggest you can use with wii. I have 2 60g ones. i already formatted and partitioned them with easeUS partition master. on each, one side is for GC games and the other for wii. one of them my pc and easeus will recognize, the other will not be recognized anymore. Anyone know why?

Also I have an hp 2TB HDD. WHen i try to format it to fat32 or ntsf it says an error occured with easeUS.

Also the 2tb one doesnt show uo in my devices or under my computer. Just hidden icons. Id like to set the new 2TB one up for my wii. can anyone please help me? TY

2. RyanTHEdestroyer
    OP

RyanTHEdestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    United States

also, i read somewhere that i can use command prompts to force windows to format an hdd thats over 32g to fat 32. can ANYONE please tell me how? i would greatly appreciate the info... thnx

3. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    Just use partition wizard. It's free.

4. RyanTHEdestroyer
    OP

RyanTHEdestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    United States
    thank you!

5. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    if you look up 'guiformat', there is a tiny-arsed utility that is like a self-contained executable for windows to be able to format any lettered drive to FAT32, up to 2TB. While it is technically possible for FAT32 to support a larger volume than this, the sector sizes for the allocation table in question would get ridiculously huge, and there would be wasted space everywhere.

If the drive doesn't show up, then it's simply a matter that you have to assign a drive letter to it first from Windows' end, so that it can see it and format it appropriately.

6. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    And 2TB drives are supported with wii.