2 questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cutter, Jun 7, 2009.

1. cutter
    OP

cutter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2007
    United States
    I've added some game channel forwarders to the Wii menu because they look awesome, but only from my own region (NTSC). I want to add some channels from Japanese games, and I'm not sure if doing that will kill my Wii or not.

On a related note, I have both Bootmii and Preloader installed on my Wii, and I made a backup of my NAND or whatever it's called. So if I do break my Wii doing something stupid, will I be able to undo it?

I'd like to know those two things before adding themes and foreign channels since those seem like 2 things that could easily brick my Wii.

2. twofive

twofive GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Poland
    You got BootMii, so almost no software can harm your Wii [​IMG]
    Out-of-Region-Channels won't break your Wii, they just won't boot - if you press Start, the Wii shows "This channel has expired. Press A to continue." and you're done [​IMG]

You can try that out, I think the WAD Generator makes region free channels.

-- twofive

3. Woggle

Woggle Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    Use freethewds on your PC before putting onto the SD card, this changes the region to whatever you would like, Pal, NTSC-J, NTSC-U or Free

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice