Hacking 2 questions about the acekard 2i

smudgydonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,I'm new here and I'm barely going to try and learn about these cards so I have some simple questions for the more experienced users here.

What are your recommended sites to buy the card?

Has the "forbidden game" problem been solved? The most I've read was that it was an isolated case.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No prob. =) If you ordered it today, It will ship early Monday and get to your home on Wednesday. =D

EDIT: If you ordered it berfore 2:00 on Monday, it would ship out the same day. Thats why I like them.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don' think that the forbidden games gave been solved but I recommend another card reader of the things I've heard the acekard one can actually break your micro sd card.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still use my AK card reader and it works perfectly...

Though you could order 1 or 2 from dealextreme if you are worried

jarocho4l1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey while we're still talking about breaking micro sd cards why does my Kingston microSDHC card have a little sticker under it?...is it bad if i remove it or should i leave it?

thnx
-jarocho4l1f3

jarocho4l1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
That's normally for writing on. Lol.

the sticker under sd card is black and it has like 10 or 12 dots the same color of the teeth...
( i know this cuz it started peeling
smileipb2.png
)

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive dealt with Realhotstuff for all my ds/dsi flashcard needs. If you live in the US, they seem the best to buy from.

Ive bought several flashcards for the ds from them over the years, M3 simply and the M3 Real and they all still work perfectly. As mentioned above they ship extreamly fast.

I just ordered an Ackard 2i with 4 gb kingston last night for my wifes matte black DSI.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
enjoi91 said:
would anyone recommend a 4GB or an 8 GB card for the ak2i?
Even if they state speed doesn't matter, I'd recommend at least 6 (some faster cards seemed to have problems).

I think I got lucky, I've got a speed 8, 8GB ... still some room to spare. Transcend brand :?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those "forbidden games", from what I've seen it's only 3 cards/people and most other people can't get theirs to crash even when trying. I'd suggest just to try it out, in the rare occasion it actually does crash: send it back for a replacement.

Drewbear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
commdante said:
enjoi91 said:
would anyone recommend a 4GB or an 8 GB card for the ak2i?
Even if they state speed doesn't matter, I'd recommend at least 6 (some faster cards seemed to have problems).

I think I got lucky, I've got a speed 8, 8GB ... still some room to spare. Transcend brand :?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those "forbidden games", from what I've seen it's only 3 cards/people and most other people can't get theirs to crash even when trying. I'd suggest just to try it out, in the rare occasion it actually does crash: send it back for a replacement.

where did u get the speed 8 8GB card adn what was teh price?
Also, do you have to format the card a certain way for the Ak2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.