Gaming 2 problems with my friends computer...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Still trying to fix up his computer for him, and I keep encountering two annoying problems:

Problem 1:
problem2.jpg

This thing keeps coming up every 5-10 minutes and interrupts anything you're doing. I'm not exactly sure how to stop it... his firewall i already disabled, and if you try to enable it using that pop-up,it takes you to an internet page where you have to pay to download some anti-virus program. Should I just download a free antivirus program and try to get rid of it? I was thinking NOD32..?

Problem 2:
proble1.jpg

This comes up whenever Firefox is started :\ Any suggestions?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its a key logger/trojan bitdefender website do an exe removal tool

here

visit the page and use FIND use keyword SKY
wink.gif

use it and remove it!

then suggest install SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY link update it and remove anything else it finds!

NOD32 tends to be jumpy and give a lot of false positives on genuine files .. so maby avoid it!

Avast home is a good freeware antivirus tool and so is AVG both have free updates for life!

you may also want to get them a free software firewall to monitor incomming and more importantly OUTGOING calls to the internet!

I use ZoneAlarm free version along with AVG 8 both free and both work great but I also use SPYBOT and ADAWARE and SPYWARE TERMINATOR 2 and check with those at least once a week with AVG set to update DAILY as new Virii are released daily
smile.gif

edit you may want to download the removal tools on your own system and put them on a blank cdr and install them from there ....(you could use a USB stick but would need scanning/formatting afterwards) to avoid anything jumping ship back to your machine!

cdr is more useful if your warey as its read only memory
wink.gif

additional scan in safemode too as some files that tools may want to remove maby in use by the system in normal boot!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
You may want to download the removal tools on your own system and put them on a blank CD-R or DVD-R and install them from there ....(you could use a USB stick but would need scanning/formatting afterward) to avoid anything jumping ship back to your machine!
I second that, never use a USB stick for this stuff! You might get a unwanted thank you gift from it!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm downloading Avast! right now and I'm thinking of getting bit defender as well. I also got CCleaner to clean out the crap from his computer... hopefully these will stop the annoyances and make his compy run faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Anbernic rg35xx SP.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't mind the price, but there is a very real chance I won't ever touch it once it gets here.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Because my brain is fucked up.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    $100 for a console is not a lot. $100 for a plastic brick to put on a shelf is a lot.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I got a Pi5 Veho, loaded like 400GBs of games tested a few and now it sits lol
    Next to the Pi4
    Although the Pi5 features 2TBs of Nvme goodness
    I had hoped Killer Instinct Gold on the N64 would improve..... It did not, so not a speed issue, emulation issue
  • Veho @ Veho:
    On the Pi?
    +1
    I was kinda sad about that, got it all set up and fired it up. Side by side Pi4 vs Pi5 and there is literally zero difference
    Although I will say Dreamcast seems to work better
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe there's some single/multi core bullshit that one emulator knows how to use and the other doesn't.
    Things where speed was the issue and not the emulator
    Veho probably but based on what I read even on a PC that one game is tough to emulate
    Probably microcode
    The N64 was ahead of it's time with that BS lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    FPGA N64 emu when?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's amazing how annoying those old consoles are to emulate. Like, you can emulate Gamecube and Wii on a calculator, but like the SNES still has trouble.
    +2
    I think that one company made one?
    Yeah the issue from what I understand is they used old hardware that was more finicky about timings and speeds, newer stuff was more about shaders and APIs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And half the stuff relied on weird interference inside the chip and not actual intended functionality.
    +1
    I thought another company had one too?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.analogue.co/3d