2 problems with my friends computer...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Still trying to fix up his computer for him, and I keep encountering two annoying problems:

Problem 1:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This thing keeps coming up every 5-10 minutes and interrupts anything you're doing. I'm not exactly sure how to stop it... his firewall i already disabled, and if you try to enable it using that pop-up,it takes you to an internet page where you have to pay to download some anti-virus program. Should I just download a free antivirus program and try to get rid of it? I was thinking NOD32..?

Problem 2:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This comes up whenever Firefox is started :\ Any suggestions?

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    get a decent antivirus first (such as avast, kaspersky, nod32, or bitdefender).
    purge his computer of all nasties, and c if the problem persists.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    its a key logger/trojan bitdefender website do an exe removal tool

here

visit the page and use FIND use keyword SKY [​IMG]

use it and remove it!

then suggest install SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY link update it and remove anything else it finds!

NOD32 tends to be jumpy and give a lot of false positives on genuine files .. so maby avoid it!

Avast home is a good freeware antivirus tool and so is AVG both have free updates for life!

you may also want to get them a free software firewall to monitor incomming and more importantly OUTGOING calls to the internet!

I use ZoneAlarm free version along with AVG 8 both free and both work great but I also use SPYBOT and ADAWARE and SPYWARE TERMINATOR 2 and check with those at least once a week with AVG set to update DAILY as new Virii are released daily [​IMG]

edit you may want to download the removal tools on your own system and put them on a blank cdr and install them from there ....(you could use a USB stick but would need scanning/formatting afterwards) to avoid anything jumping ship back to your machine!

cdr is more useful if your warey as its read only memory [​IMG]

additional scan in safemode too as some files that tools may want to remove maby in use by the system in normal boot!

4. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I second that, never use a USB stick for this stuff! You might get a unwanted thank you gift from it!

5. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm downloading Avast! right now and I'm thinking of getting bit defender as well. I also got CCleaner to clean out the crap from his computer... hopefully these will stop the annoyances and make his compy run faster.