Hacking 2 partitions

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,739
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, i have a 70GB HDD that i use for my PS2 with HDloader. I was wondering if there is some way to create another partition on the HDD or somehow split the HDD to use USB Loader on the Wii and the PS2.

Is this possible? Or is it only one console or the other?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it is possible. but i hear partitioning with data on the HDD will delete that data.

i dont exactly know how to partition... i was hopng someone could help me too.

i just want to make a partition on a 160GB 2.5" HDD. one for pc backup and one for wii crap. i dont think theres more than 40GB of PC that i want to backup and i heard that windows can only partition 40GB, so that'd be fine.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried it, but if you use something like "gparted", you can shrink the partition that already exists, then create an unformatted partition with the empty space. When you start up USB-loader, and it asks you to format, you should be able to choose the other partition. Don't just do this blindly, though, since if you choose the wrong partition, you can lose all your PS2 stuff.

Hope that helps.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Paragon Partition Manager 9 Pro to partition my 500GB NTFS to 400GB NTFS and 100GB WBFS, it lets you resize/create partitions without losing data.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i dl'd gparted, but i didnt understand it all...

you can download it as an ISO or a rar. downloaded the rar file coz i cba putting anything on discs i dont have lol

but when i opened the rar i couldnt get my head round where the application actually was.

dl'd the free version of partition magic too, can manage to open that one but i couldnt create a partition lol maybe i have to resize the main one and reate a new one like you just mentioned? i dont know, i'l try that now makes more sence now i think about it lol

EDIT: tried that and it did work, but i couldnt aply changes because i'm on the trial version. what the hell is the point in a program that lets you find out how to do things the hard way, then when you actually figure it out, you cant apply because you are on a trial?!?

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
hmm, i dl'd gparted, but i didnt understand it all...

you can download it as an ISO or a rar. downloaded the rar file coz i cba putting anything on discs i dont have lol

but when i opened the rar i couldnt get my head round where the application actually was.

dl'd the free version of partition magic too, can manage to open that one but i couldnt create a partition lol maybe i have to resize the main one and reate a new one like you just mentioned? i dont know, i'l try that now makes more sence now i think about it lol
Gparted is for linux, you would need to burn off that iso and run it at pc boot.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah... balls XD

yeah i figured it was for linux when i could only see folders for linix in the rar lol

any ideas which other partition software will do the job without me having to buy the whole thing? i mean, i'm only gonna use the damn thing once to partition this drive. maybe again if i buy a bigger drive lol

cheers
smile.gif
and sorry for stealing the topic XD

can you get Partition Manager 9 Pro for free? i'm thinking no because it has the word 'pro' lol

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
ah... balls XD

yeah i figured it was for linux when i could only see folders for linix in the rar lol

any ideas which other partition software will do the job without me having to buy the whole thing? i mean, i'm only gonna use the damn thing once to partition this drive. maybe again if i buy a bigger drive lol

cheers
smile.gif
and sorry for stealing the topic XD

can you get Partition Manager 9 Pro for free? i'm thinking no because it has the word 'pro' lol
There is a express version that is supposedly free, I'm downloading it right now to see if it works, it's gonna take a while though :/.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok heres what you do get unbuntu live cd http://www.ubuntulinux.org/getubuntu/download
here run the live part once you have control again go to gpartion on the upper right hand side find the drive you want
then make your partitions one fat 32 for the wii and the other to ntfs if your keeping it for windows
close it restart and plug it in your wii and youll be good

if you need to fig out a size just use a cal and it 1024 x how ever many gb you want = the number will be for the size hope it helps hit me up if you all need some help
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it do work perfect

i know this since i am running my games off a 400gb Partition WSFB and a 100gb FAT32 partition which even geexbox and mplayer-ce 0.4 pick up

so i can have movies and games on same hdd

simply wipe your drive

create two partitons both formatted as FAT32

when you plug your hdd back into the wii usb loader will give you the choice of which partition to use for games and format it to WSFB...leaving the other partition free for media

only issue i have noticed is FTPii is unable to mount this partition.

maybe its because my Fat32 is the 2nd partition and WSFB 1st.

will try and sort this out.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but some people are trying to keep some storage for windows so the way i said will do that i guess if they have enough room they could do 3 and have 1 for games 1 for videos and 1 for windows hmmm.... sounds good dont you think lol
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
smileipb2.png

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So simple for mac users: Disk utility, select two partitions, FAT32 and unallocated, ok, wait, format with USB loader. But I'd suggest using the Ubuntu Live CD otherwise. Works great! The other partition is for music, movies, etc and the other for backups.

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you on vista simply google "resizing a partition in vista". Vista has built in partition resizing abilities. Its only like 5 or 6 steps, lets you resize any volume that isnt completely filled up. The one downside is I think your maximum shrink size is determined by the amount of contiguous free space you have availible at the END of your partition. Plenty of defragmentation tools can solve that problem though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated