2 out of 3

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Thirdbsweep89, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

2 out of 3 by Thirdbsweep89 at 8:06 PM (873 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Thirdbsweep89
    OP

Newcomer Thirdbsweep89 Newbie

United States
    I am using my Acekard2 and it works on 2 out of 3 of my Ds lites. They are all relitively new, does anyone know why this would happen? I have all of the firmware and everything, but the Acekard just doesnt show up on the 3rd one....

2. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    Are you sure that the contacts on the inside of the nonfunctional DS Lite are clean, and that the Acekard's contacts are also clean?
    I suppose you could use a cotton bud to clean the contacts - just be careful [​IMG]

3. toeser

Newcomer toeser Newbie

United States
    I am having the same problem but I only have 1 DS Lite. The acekard was working but now after 1 day the DS Lite will not recognize it.

I have tried using paper wedges underneath the PCB and behind the PCB. Nothing helps..

Aaargh....

4. toeser

Newcomer toeser Newbie

United States
    You probably have a contact issue. Sounds like your 3rd DS Lite contact pins (for lack of a better description) are not as tight as your other 2.

I had the same issue on my sons DS and finally fixed it.

This is what I did.

1. Open the Acekard case very carefully, the clips look like they will break really easily.
    2. I took an index card and cut it down to size, then folded it in half and put it underneath the PCB (component board). Then I put the Acekard case back together.

Now it seems to be working. At least for the past 30 minutes.

You may want to try something thinner. I worked my way up to a folded index card because thinner wedges did not work.

Good luck...

UPDATE -- Still have intermittant problems. Definately appears to be a contact issue, I am going to have to look into getting a replacement Acekard.

5. Thirdbsweep89
    OP

Newcomer Thirdbsweep89 Newbie

United States
    Glad your son's is working!

I dont know if I feel comfortable or better, trust myself enough to do that.... It's my brothers DS and he would flip if something were to happen to it

6. toeser

Newcomer toeser Newbie

United States
    Thirdbsweep89,

I was not clear. I did not touch the DS. I opened the Acekard and used a wedge in that to push up the PCB contacts.

Sorry for the unclear post. I edited it to make it clearer.