OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend recently posted this on facebook:

"If you had to pick two items that have deep meaning to you, any items in the world, but they can't be people. What would they be and what meaning do they have to you?"

And I was wondering what answers I would get from people on the temp.
Surprise me.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would bring my DS Lite. Not because I want to play games. It has a deeper meaning. It was the first expensive gift I got from my parents, when things started going better financially(and we could finally eat every meal, every day). It represents the day we could stop considering ourselves poor and finally go into the middle class. It represents the day we finally quit my grandma's basement.

And I would bring a Qur'an to finish my reading. That book is extremely interesting to read. It also reminds me of my country of origin, Egypt. Most people are Muslim there.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On this site almost everybody is going to list game consoles.

Meaningful physical items eh?
The first is probably a crudely wrought brass "demon bell" given to me by one of my best friends
For those that are not aware, a demon bell is a bell (duh) that hangs beneath the frame of a motorcycle. It's an old biker superstition that a demon bell will help to stave off road gremlins from your bike. To be technically accurate, a demon bell cannot be bought for yourself. It MUST be given by a riding buddy.
He gave it to me early because we were afraid he wouldn't live long enough to see me get my first street bike.

My second is a three panel triptych oil on canvas painting by a wonderful friend in Australia. I talked about it and fawned over it for months. All of a sudden I found it delivered to my house one day, and now my house does not feel like my home unless that painting is hanging over me.

Potticus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
On this site almost everybody is going to list game consoles.

Meaningful physical items eh?
The first is probably a crudely wrought brass "demon bell" given to me by one of my best friends
For those that are not aware, a demon bell is a bell (duh) that hangs beneath the frame of a motorcycle. It's an old biker superstition that a demon bell will help to stave off road gremlins from your bike. To be technically accurate, a demon bell cannot be bought for yourself. It MUST be given by a riding buddy.
He gave it to me early because we were afraid he wouldn't live long enough to see me get my first street bike.

My second is a three panel triptych oil on canvas painting by a wonderful friend in Australia. I talked about it and fawned over it for months. All of a sudden I found it delivered to my house one day, and now my house does not feel like my home unless that painting is hanging over me.

I really enjoyed this post man, it was exactly what I was hoping someone would give the effort to share.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok fair enough a full descrition for the two items.

1) Bible - I will bring this because its not only my religion but it also my life. I read it for guidance and wisdom, not many people will care for it since it just a book. To me THIS book is the reason I'm alive, not homeless, can help my father out, and things I will become within a few short years.

2) Bed - I love to sleep, despite those bed sores I usually get from sleeping too much. I can't be mad for a good mattress and a soft pillow. After an exhausting, long day you need to relax and want to spend your time sleeping on the bed you personally have moments with.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
1)Bed - I love sleeping and I love MY bed, I find it hard to sleep in other people's bed.
2)My Dog - He is my best friend and I don't know how I would survive without him.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually had to think pretty hard about this one.
First would be my favorite family album (we have a lot, but only one can be picked, so...).
Second would probably be my favorite book "Tuesdays With Morrie". That book has changed my ways/views on life so much (for the better, I think) that it's become a treasure to me.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
1 would be my mobile phone, not because it's a phone but because it's one of the nicest thing my sister has ever done for me.

the second would be my wii, this is for a reason though, I don't usually play it but when christmas time was here both my parents were short on cash but they still bought me a wii, that contains sentimental value. (not this christmas)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
gifi4 said:
1 would be my mobile phone, not because it's a phone but because it's one of the nicest thing my sister has ever done for me.

the second would be my wii, this is for a reason though, I don't usually play it but when christmas time was here both my parents were short on cash but they still bought me a wii, that contains sentimental value. (not this christmas)
But you wouldn't have a Wii Remote
ninja.gif

Me? I'd bring my old stuffed caterpillar toy (Hey! A man can still love an old toy!). It was my first baby toy that I received from my God-parents at my christening. And my Athens 2004 watch, it was the last gift I got from my God Father before he died
sad.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont really have that much in my house that's worth something to me (except that's worth money ofc).
Photoalbums and stuff are still at my mothers house so.

But if I had to choose, my PC (so, the case, I know the whole set with the screen etc isnt 1 thing). Aaaaaaaand, hmmmm, can I take a bag? It's already filled in my room. It has 2 NES's, 1 Super NES, and games for both consoles in it.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1. An angel medallion given to me by my mom. It saved her in a car wreck, and it kept me safe when I was hit by a truck about 6 years ago, smashing in the side of my car and also the time I skidded on ice and almost crashed into a pole. Constantly reminding me that God is always there for me and always looking out for me.

2. Every note my gf ever gave me. We met on the internet, and while I was still living with my folks in Florida, and her in Utah, we talked every night on the phone for a year before I moved out to Utah to be with her. I keep every note she ever wrote because that's how I grew to love her more. Nobody said a long distance relationship born from the net could work, but we'll be together 6 years this May, so...there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu