2 hdd problems one wbsf and ntfs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chackadaux, Jan 23, 2016.

1. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Ok heres my problem. When I first got into this I started with wbsf. well that hard drive took a tumble one day and started acting up. then I bought another hard drive and started all over, this time I went the NTFS route. I just recently tried the old hard drive with the WBSF and its is working but slow. What I want to do is copy the old HDD WBSF to my computer of to another hdd.
    Then add the games from the old HDD wbsf to the new hard drive NTFS. I can tell the old drive still has problems it is little slow to load. So how do I go about doing this?
    is there a manager that I can just plug both into my computer and copy them over? I only have WBSF manager as of now. Help please.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Don't use WBFS or NTFS. All homebrew, GC and Wii content runs from FAT32. WBFS Manager is also obsolete. Use Wii Backup Manager.

3. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Ok thanks

4. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Ok I tried the wii backup manager, it doesnt recognize my ntfs hdd. It show my wbfs hdd. I need to pull off games from my wbfs hdd and add them to my ntfs hdd. Can any one help me. I also want to duplcate my hdd when I get everything together.

5. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    did you create a \wbfs folder in your NTFS drive? Did you tell WiiBackupManger to mount the hdd?

Wii you use your hdd for GC loading and for other Wii app? Most of them do not support NTFS drives, so you should consider to use FAT32 instead.

6. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Ok I only try to load the ntfs hdd how do u tell it to mount it.
    I am only using it for wii games.
    I started off with wbsf, I had 98 games then it took a fall and I had to start all over thats when I moved to ntfs. Now my old wdsf is working and I want to copy or transfer the games I dont have on my ntfs from my wbsf hdd. How do I do this

7. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Still not letting me mount the ntfs hdd

8. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    I have never used WBFS partition so I don't really know how to transfer all games at once from a WBFS partition to another drive.
    Usually, I will click on the "file" tab and add games to the list, select the files I want to transfer, then click transfer and browse to the destination.

after all is done, you can mount the HDD by clicking the Drive 1 tab and select the drive letter of you NTFS drive, click "tool" > "FAT32/NTFS" > "update storage Convention" to ensure the proper folder structure is used.

I don't know if you can add files directly from a WBFS drive or if there is a simpler way to do it.
    If both your WBFS and NTFS drive are on USB, then may be it is faster to transfer the files from you WBFS drive to your PC (if you have enough space) and then transfer them to you NTFS drive.

USB to USB transfer is much slower than USB to PC transfer. Once you have the files on PC, just drag and drop them to NTFS:\wbfs and have WiiBackupManger to "update storage Convention"

9. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    I think I can back up the old wbsf to another new hdd but I just dont understand why the program cant read my ntfs hdd. I can not do any add or subtracting to the ntfs right now. The only way I can add id by inserting a wii game in the wii

10. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    does your PC recognize the NTFS drive? scan it for error? Is WiiBackupManger the latest version (v0.4.5 build 78)?
    I never have any problem transferring iso to and from FTA32, NTFS drives the way I descripted.

11. chackadaux
    OP

chackadaux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Ill do it when I copy the other one first