iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hola, Forum!

I mentioned in my last blog i have a review Sample of the EZ-Flash Vi being shipped tomorrow.

But that was the second company to respond to me. the first one just sent me their second response, it said this

QUOTE said:
Sorry just call him how about the supercard dstwo? I got your address if ok with you I will ship out Tuesday morning. What you think?

??? iPod ??

So i now have an EZ-flash Vi on the way. and a DSTWO!!

Now i have the same problem with my games!
i have a backlog of reviews
ohnoes.png

Oh well... This is also great since the SNES shouls be cooming any week now.

Well.. i'm excited.

kthxbai

~iFish

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
my dstwo wasn't free
frown.gif

if your review isn't more detailed than a j-live review then i will skin you alive! >:D

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mercluke said:
my dstwo wasn't free
frown.gif

if your review isn't more detailed than a j-live review then i will skin you alive! >:D

B-b-b-b-b-but i didn't evne finish reading J-lives review!! it was way to long!!!

So.. skin me now

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
iFish said:
mercluke said:
my dstwo wasn't free
frown.gif

B-b-b-b-b-but i didn't evne finish reading J-lives review!! it was way to long!!!

So.. skin me now
review needs to span 6 pages
gogogo!

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mercluke said:
iFish said:
mercluke said:
my dstwo wasn't free
frown.gif

So.. skin me now
review needs to span 6 pages
gogogo!

Never!!! i said skin me alive!!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know you shouldn't be whoring out just to get free flashcarts.

It's easy money for flashcart shops honestly. They just give out review samples as free advertising. People mention their name and odds are since they got it for free and are in that "OMG NEW FREE STUFF" mode they'll give it a good review from barely a week of testing. If you say "THIS CART IS TERRIBLE DON'T BUY THIS CART" obviously they'll take you off the free samples list.

Only place I applied to get a sample from was iSmart DS because they were the official source and not some greedy flashcart retailer. I even specifically asked if I would be strong armed into giving it a good review and they said that I was free to review what I wanted, they just wanted feedback on the cart. But of course they said no because I "didn't have enough experience reviewing flashcarts".
dry.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
Well..i will give it a good 2 week of testing :/

Well firmware releases can range from weeks to months. When testing a flashcart what you should check for is:

A) Current compatibility
B) Future compatibility (aka how constantly updated the firmware is)
C) Functionality (GUI, features, etc)
D) Price range in relation to all this

Then of course there's common sense things like packaging, durability, spring loaded vs. non spring loaded, etc.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF?!?! Are these companies insane?
Sending them to GBATemp staff members I get. Highly watched Youtube celebrities, yeah fine. BUT JUST SOME MEMBER OF A FORUM!?!?! If I was the head of these companies I'd just be like "Give some kid a free product? Hell no. Not gonna improve our sales at all if he gives us a good review"
I guess flashcart manufacturers are mental

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Jamstruth said:
How the hell did you get review samples? Who in their right mind gives review samples out to some 15 year old?
Um i get them too

You could be ten years old and as long as you are literate, can type decently, and are willing to plaster "BUY IT FROM HERE" all over your reviews they'll send you a flashcart. Sites just want you to basically be their advertising bitches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol