Hacking 2 3DSes and 1 Gateway, 1 CFW Questions

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Tempers,

As the title says I have 2 3DSes and only 1 Gateway (I have Cubic ninja and OOT too). I want to run one on CFW with cold boot and one on Gateway. I have an O3DS 4.2u and a N3DS 9.0u. I want to know a few things:

Should I update the O3DS to 9.2 to use homemenuhax and a CFW with cold boot then run the N3DS with the Gateway? Any drawbacks to updating?

Should I use the N3ds with cold boot CFW for EMU nand and go gateway on the O3DS?

Which CFW has the best compatibility? Rx-tool,cakes,rei or other?

What do you think is the best solution to getting both systems on EMU nand without changing carts?

Thank you to all who reply!

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi mike,

I would use Gateway with the N3DS - because it has firmwarespoofing for games included and afaik N3DS has only support to emunand 9.5

On the O3DS if its 4.X I would install the mset Exploit and use rxTools. With that you can update your emunand to the latest firmware.
If you are already on 9.2 you can install the homemenuhax to have a little more comfort. But in my opinion the mset starts better.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi mike,

I would use Gateway with the N3DS - because it has firmwarespoofing for games included and afaik N3DS has only support to emunand 9.5

On the O3DS if its 4.X I would install the mset Exploit and use rxTools. With that you can update your emunand to the latest firmware.
If you are already on 9.2 you can install the homemenuhax to have a little more comfort. But in my opinion the mset starts better.

I am trying to install rxtools and I installation data suite freezes on rxtools on my 4.2u o3DS. Any ideas why?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tried with 2.6 and the nightly build of RxTools. I am using the mset entry point for the most part but I tried with cubic ninja too.
The CN maybe won't work if your browser version is too low. And if it freezes check you have the correct firmware.bin and slot0x25.bin in the correct place. I suppose you to update to a newer version >6.0 using card, perform a entire update to 9.2 using sysupdater w/ devmode and later downgrade mset back to 4.x. That's the best way I can think of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you