2.3B update procedure question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by apachehavok, Aug 30, 2014.

1. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Hey all.

So I have a sysnand 4.2 working fine with the latest gateway before this last update. I am running emunand and its working great except for the ability to update emunand to the latest version.

From what im on, what is the update procedure?

Just replace the gateway.dat file, boot into gateway mode then when in emunand run the update from system settings? Do I need to re-run anything I setup initially with the blue card or any of that?

Thanks all!

2. AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC Pasta Team Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Italy
    Nope, you don't have to use bluecard. Just replace launcher.dat and then update emunand..

3. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Cool so just to be 100% clear here

- Replace the launcher.dat
    - Boot into gateway mode with emunand
    - Enable wifi and run the nintendo updater?

This right^

Thanks!

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just remember to make sure you have emunand set up already or you will update your system nand

basically you boot into gateway mode, go to system settings and make sure it shows a "GW3D" on the system settings version instead of "Ver." if it says "Ver." you will need to enter the gateway menu and select format emunand (backup all you SD contents first and copy them back on afterwards)

5. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    And... Worked great!! Thanks all! Am I to understand I can access the eshop to download SteelDiver for free or should I just stay away from online alltogether?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    online is fine...get whatever you want

apachehavok likes this.