2.1.0 ctrtransfer failed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ducktaculr, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    I'm in the process of installing A9LH+Luma on my n3dsxl, of course using Plailect's guide, but I've run into a problem I've never seen before. Section III of the guide says:
      1. Go to “SysNAND Options”, then “CTRNAND Transfer”, then “Auto CTRNAND Transfer”
      2. Select the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image when prompted by pressing (A)
      3. If you do not already have a NAND backup, backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)
      4. Allow the transfer process to proceed automatically, this may take some time
    but that's as far as I get. Here's what it says after it fails:

Step #1: .SHA verification of CTRNAND image...
    Checking hash from .SHA file...
    Failed, image corrupt or modified!
    Auto CTRNAND Transfer: failed!

I don't know what's wrong, as I'm using the files mentioned in the guide (New 3DS or Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - USA - ctrtransfer in my case).

I've installed A9LH+Luma on 4 devices before and have gone through this same procedure everytime, but I'm just now getting this error. Any idea what's wrong?

Last edited by Ducktaculr, Dec 21, 2016
  2. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Try to redownload them, or to copy them again

3. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    no luck :/ if I changed the filename to say 'n3ds.bin' instead of 'o3ds.bin' would that help?

4. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    You have the .bin and the .bin.sha added to the files9 folder? Can you check the sha[256] of the .bin on your computer?

5. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Your image is invalid... Try redownloading it again. If it fails the hash check then its corrupt and nothing but getting a valid copy will fix that.

6. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    yes, both files are in the files9 folder. How do I check the sha[256] of the .bin?

7. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    There are a few tools for it but certainly its corrupt as the 3ds already checked and it failed....

8. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Either the SD is corrupted or the way you transfer it is corrupted, for example USB port or adapter.
    I also had this problem once and everything's fine after switching adapter.
    You are very lucky that it stops during the verification. If the image is corrupted during the CTR transfer, you might brick the console.

Last edited by windhazard, Dec 21, 2016
    Quantumcat likes this.
  9. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Its most likely corrupting during the transfer I agree. Use one of the many tools to check the hash before the transfer on your PC
    If it passes but still fails to verify on the 3ds you need to try copying it some other way.

10. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, redownload it, and copy the new download to your SD card again.

I'd recommend TeraCopy to make sure important things such as this make it to or from your SD card exactly as it should.

Quantumcat likes this.
  11. KinGTD

KinGTD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    United States
    i just had the same problem yesterday. I switched to a different SD card and it worked without issues.

12. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    Somehow it worked after copying the files off the sd card and back on and im on step 3 now (after redownloading the files). Will update if anything goes wrong
    Edit: everything worked out well. Thanks for your help :)

Last edited by Ducktaculr, Dec 21, 2016