1st time modder having some problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by primulas, Oct 14, 2009.

1. primulas
    OP

primulas Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Ok first off this is my first post and my first attempt softmodding my wii. I have read the noob guide and the simplistic guide. Also i have searched around alot for an answer to no avail.

So first i try using bannerbomb/hackmii pre made set from "simplistic guide wii freezes trying to load the sd card. tried fat and fat32. So the guide reccomends upgrading to 4.2. I do; and download the 4.2 version of the hackmii/bootmii/bannerbomb(premade from simplistic guide) software. Now i get to the hackmii scam screen then it freezes on the press 1 to continue.

Any ideas? The only thing i can think is that the sd card i am using is the culprit. That or the weird kodak sd card reader i am using. I have now tried. a 2gb sandisk card in my kodak reader. a 512mb kodak card in my kodak reader, and a 8gb sdhc sandisk micro sd card through the reader that i use for my ds. All have the same problem. freezing on press 1 to continue.

Only thing i can think of is the sd cards or the kodak sd reader.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

thanks

-Prim

2. Lindfalas

Lindfalas Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2009

Try an other card reader. Some are not good.
    Then come back here if you still have the same fault.

Greetz

3. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    FYI: I use a Kingston 2GB SD (non SDHC) for all of my homebew needs [​IMG]

4. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    get yourself to the 99c store and buy a new usb sd/mmc card reader they seem to work ok

5. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    Have you tried formatting it with the panasonic SD card formatter tool first? Look it up in the downloads section here if not.

Edit: Also if you get to the press 1 to continue screen, are you sure it freezes or does your Wiimote just lose connectivity? Have you tried using a GC controller at that point instead and pressing A?

6. primulas
    OP

primulas Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Thanks so much - that was exactly the problem!