Hacking 1GB Kingston MicroSD Card - $10

eelhc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first post so go easy on me... Thought those looking to purchase an R4 DS would be interested in this:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?loc=...4127&adid=17662

Check out using Google Checkout for another $10 off.

http://www.buy.com/corp/promos/google_offe...073&dcaid=17073

If you really want to save every last penny... Sign up for eBates for a 1% rebate on everything you buy at buy.com (and other etailers... Hey... it almost pays for the rebate stamp!).

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=29485108

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should be weary of cheap MicroSD cards, they could be fake.
If you get it and it's working great, lucky you.
I'm probably gonna get a Sandisk 1GB for alot more money.

Q~

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha, I hadn't looked at the sale yet, didn't realize it WAS a Kingston microSD.

Yeah, that is a good brand, not a "fake". At least not in my experience.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
haha, I hadn't looked at the sale yet, didn't realize it WAS a Kingston microSD.

Yeah, that is a good brand, not a "fake". At least not in my experience.
I ordered this back when you didn't have to be a new member to GC and i got the 1 GB Kingston...mine says made in Taiwan.

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought several stuff from buy.com + Google. Good deal. If you're looking for the Japan version though: The Kingston 1GB microSD I got for ~$17 at the end of December was made in Taiwan. 256MB microSD from kingston.com a week ago for ~$5 shipped: made in Taiwan.

astonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too can vouch for the Buy.com Kingston microSD. I have a Supercard DS (One) which everyone knows is kinda picky with cards, but my card runs every game I've played on it perfectly.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
All is legit. They did this same promotion back in the middle of Dec., the $10 deal. Did it, shipped damn fast even with the free shipping, and it's a legit SD-C01G JAPAN Kingston card. Just vouching for my transaction of course.

Ordered from Buy.com, got the Taiwan version (1 GB)...should still work either way.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All is legit. They did this same promotion back in the middle of Dec., the $10 deal. Did it, shipped damn fast even with the free shipping, and it's a legit SD-C01G JAPAN Kingston card. Just vouching for my transaction of course.

Ordered from Buy.com, got the Taiwan version (1 GB)...should still work either way.
Yeah, I thought I remembered seeing you post that in another thread, hence I said I was just vouching for my transaction with them. So it looks like people will randomly get either the JAPAN or the TAIWAN one. Not sure if that even matters since SynGamer says his Taiwan works fine. So go save some money and get one
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small