180GB Freespace missing?

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

Perhaps you can help me, i have a 900 PS4 with a 4TB Harddisk (Internal), everything works well so far, im only getting the msg that the Harddisk is full, but when i have a look in the memory calculation then there is still enough free space.

Currently it shows 179.8GB Free Space. Systemmemory 3.40TB / 3,58TB ...

I already rebuild the Database in the recovery Menu, but this also doesnt help.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :)

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmm, I know they do screw you out of some space on internal but I only have a 1 Tb internal and it won't let me use about 36 gb, since yours is 4 TB maybe it's more space that you can't use. Were you ever able to use it previously or is this a new setup?

thominho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If I remember correctly when installing a PS4 Game the system reserve three different sizes, one is the look-ahead download for example the next 1 GB, the size of the game and a part of the next downloads. For example, if a game is 64 GB system will reserve about double the amount. However, I am not sure how the system preserves internal already installed games for such a big disk. For example, macOS keeps system restore points which includes all the OS and all applications which means that if the disk is 128GB filled then the system restores point is 128GB too.

Please look at the size required from Store or your Retail disk and if it is too close try to delete something or upload saves to Cloud and delete saves.

EDIT: if you try to install something using GoldenHEN od debug pkg installer may be a bug so report the issue to the creators to check it out. But it may working like the original PS4 game installation, acquiring double the amount of the game and deleting the rest when finishing the installation

Last edited by thominho,

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude SAME thing here. I have a fresh clean external 4TB. I also have a USB regular old 4TB hdd that I have a mirror of all the packages. 330GB free on the PC hdd with all the packages. 2GB from on the external ps4. The ps4 does some funky things.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS4 does reserve a lot of storage. I noticed that with the Pro's 1TB being like 860GB usable.

On PC's, 1TB has 930GB usable space and on a PS4 it's 860GB so it eats up even more. It's a shame to lose 70GB as it could be filled up with more games.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a very common (and stupid) thing if you read through this I think it happens to everyone.

Best advice would be get an external hard drive. If you don't need many more games you could get like a 500 gb or 1 tb just to supplement they're pretty cheap nowadays. At least on externals you can use the entire space alloted, but of course all hard drives take away about 8% of what they're advertised as by default (500 gb = 464, etc....)

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thank you very much for your answers, i was really not aware that PS4 reserve this amount of space, then it seems to be a fixed Percent Value and always the same doesnt matter how big your hard drive is.. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1