1597 - Final Fantasy I And II Advanced (J)

djgarf

I Am A Raver
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1597 - Final Fantasy I And II Advanced
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1597.PNG
1597-2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:HyperionSave Type:SRAM_V113 (256Kbit)ROM Size:128MbitFilename:h-ff12.zipRegion:JapanPublisher:SquaresoftLanguage(s):JapaneseROM Serial:AGB-BFFJ-JPN
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha, there we go. The long awaited game (then there's the English version later).
biggrin.gif

I never played the first and second so I'll probably play these 2 and find out what they're like. After releasing all those FF games for all those years, re-releasing the first and second will let people know how it all started off.

I don't think we need a site for this one because I'm sure everyone's familiar with the whole URL by now
laugh.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay, finally! ...I think it's a bit sad I've been anticipating a pair of games that have been re-released 4 times now, but such is the state of the RPG genre for the GBA any new release is good news, especially ones that have a good chance of being brought over to the West.

So yeah considering these two games have already seen official English translations, what's the word on the street for an English release of the GBA versions?

In all honesty I'd prefer (and to an extent am still waiting) to see games like ToP, Mother 1+2 or Magical Vacation given English releases... they'd all do very well in the West so it baffles me why they aren't released outside Japan.

BTW correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first proper Final Fantasy RPG we've seen on a Nintendo machine since FF6 on the old SNES? (FF:CC and FFTA don't really count).

smile.gif

A

aaaaaa

Oh boy, cant wait for the english vers of this...i have it on psx but i cant be bothered to sit there and play it when i got so many xbox and gc games to finish.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everyone asking for an English release of this game, it's been "announced", and currently resides on the Official Nintendo Home Page. Although Nintendo doesn't always have the most up to date information, they do remove games from that list when they aren't coming, and FF 1&2 is still there.
smile.gif
There is still no official date though.

I'd hope that it gets released at least around the x-mas season; there's no reason why we should be waiting any longer for games that already have translations!

@Darkforce: Yes, this is the first 'real' FF title on a Nintendo console since FF3/6.
smile.gif

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF1 is way to easy.
1)Start with weak equiment(better then starting with nothing,also can be sell for more gold)
2)Higher chance to get more hits
3)MP O.o
4)Buying magic coast has been cut in half
5)Start with 100 more gold
6)Save anywere

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I just found something very interesting

In the new GBA game FFI II advance there is a postcard where you can choose the new game which should come out for the DS..
the choices are..

Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5 , 6
Chrono Trigger,
Saga(Romancing Saga1,2,3 or Saga Frontier 1,2)
Front Mission
Hanjuku Eiyuu
Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana)
Chocobo

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Square Enix is definitely a very strong supporter of the DS! With this kind of support, it's doubtful they'll even support the PSP.

Z

Zerogtz

Releases are feh, already been ported to x amount of platforms. Not to mention 1 and 2 were the worst ff's imho.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, and now the third re-released of FFI+IIj..... unless you count when the two came out together on a single Famicom catridge, although that wasn't technically a remake..

and the game is SUPPOSED to be easy....

ssj3kodakon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, great games. Do you know if this is coming to the U.S. as is (FF and FF2j), or if Nintendo is going to change it to FF and FF2 (U.S). Nintendo might leave the snes titles for the DS, it would be much less of a hassle. So if they are going to remake FF and FF2j, what about FF3j, and what about the ones that really matter, mainly FF4j, FF5j, and FF6j?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Wow! I just found something very interesting

In the new GBA game FFI II advance there is a postcard where you can choose the new game which should come out for the DS..
the choices are..

Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5 , 6
Chrono Trigger,
Saga(Romancing Saga1,2,3 or Saga Frontier 1,2)
Front Mission
Hanjuku Eiyuu
Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana)
Chocobo

biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Square Enix is definitely a very strong supporter of the DS! With this kind of support, it's doubtful they'll even support the PSP.
Oh no you don't! ANYONE saying any other game than Secret of Mana haven't even had a thought about it...
Even tho it would be nice if the other too came out on the DS.. but Secret of Mana FIRST.. WHY?
Multiplayer OFCOURSE!!! It's like AWESOME.. So no other game than SoM!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.