GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised at the lack of comments on this one, it's a cool game.

Was Banjo & Kazooie by Rare..? Cuz that sucked.
Yeh it was made by Rare. I didn't think it was too bad, but I didn't have the desire to finish it.

I'm going to give this one a go, seems nice, I'll flash it to my new free X-Rom 512!
biggrin.gif
ph34r.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay man I've been waiting for this one for a long time! I remember the first screens for this before the GBA was even released...

Rare rock!

Oh and Banjo Kazooie did definately not suck...okay it wasn't as good as either N64 games but it was the first decent, original platformer I've played on the GBA for a very long time. Prehaps it was too short and the view wasn't great but it was obvious to see that many months (well actually years) of hard programming had been spent on the game and regardless or not if you enjoyed it Thug, it certainly was a quality game.

Still prehaps I enjoyed it more because I'm one of the 2 or 3 people in this forum who know actually knows anything about Rare and love their games, like geez...next thing you'll be saying is that you havn't played Donkey Kong Country or GoldenEye.

Anyway I should stop talking now and go and download...Sabre Wulf looks really cool...Rare sensibly stuck to the classic DKC style and there are some really cool features about the game...I don't think I'll judge them until I actually get my hands on it though. Hmm... BTW I wonder if Rare are still working on Diddy Kong Pilot...doubt it but well you never know.

Oh and about all the (E) releases it's just a coincidence...Pop Idol has been out for ages (at least 4-5 months), Sabre Wulf is made by Rare, whom are UK based, hence the leak (I bet the (U) will be a dupe), and the developers behind Tak and the Power of JuJu are also based in the UK...I'm pretty sure.

smile.gif

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely not the worst platformer I've ever played on the GBA, but from what I heard in this thread, I was certainly expecting something.....better.

*goes back to Shining Soul 2 and EXE3*

Electro

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a fun game, but I can't save on my F2A 256MB even after patching the rom! I get "Save Failed"
frown.gif

anyone knows a way around this..?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have finally played some and I liked it alot.. the jump around map part reminded me of mario luigi superstars
blink.gif

its a little like a combined puzzle (not much) with platforming of jumping around, and the part when u reach sabre wulf and u are suppose to run back to tent before he catches you is just lovely.
ps: the lab level music sounds like something taken from starwars
ohmy.gif

F

Fearlessjay

The original Sabre Wulf was developed by Rare under their original name 'Ultimate'. They had loads of classics for the Spectrum; Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Knight Lore, Jet Pac, Alien 8, Underworld, and others. The games are playable today on the GBA with emulation, and are worth a run through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...